Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Next G uses 850mhz Adz Click here to enlarge

And yer optus plans are heaps better, if you can find an area to actually use your phone Click here to enlarge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ice Click here to enlarge
    a novel
    Nope - never going Optus again - as Adam said - get 30km out of the city and the coverage drops to just a bit above crap - and as I spend a lot of my time in Berwick - i need a carrier who provides decent coverage out there - I have used my phone then put a T SIM in and used it again and the difference is chalk and cheese - I'm willing to pay a little more and get 1G of data instead of 2 for that.

I havent read anything negative about the S II at all - just that all the carriers will most likely bring it out on an expensive plan because they can. And for the difference in specs between the two - the S will be more than enough for what I use it for.

Definitely email more than SMS but even at $400 a month of calls that will be enough. When I'm at work I use the work phones to make calls because we are on an epic deal with Telstra for that. I get 500 worth of calls at the moment with Optus and have only ever gone over that once in 15 months.

Deal breaker with the BB is the app situation - which i've already whinged about in a post further up. Had a look at Android market last night and 10 things that I thought of that I would use if I got a Galaxy all had an App - BB had 1 (which I have installed on my phone already). It's a shame because I am going to miss the Calendar and Contact management of the BB

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hazrd Click here to enlarge
    Optus has bloody awesome plans, dont get me wrong there, but their coverage is absolutely shithouse unless you live within about 30kms from the city, any further and it turns to shit pretty much Click here to enlarge
    Exactly - they must compensate for the rubbish coverage with better deals on handsets. As I already said - the thing that did it for me was on Tuesday I had to walk out of the shop 3 times to get some decent reception to talk to whoever called me - and I know its not the phone because I've got about 3 old handsets here at home which I have tried out at the shop and they are all the same - put our T pre-paid card in and they work 300% better. Stav actually has two phones because where she works in Monash Medical Centre she gets no signal at all on her Optus SIM, however with the T prepaid phone I got her so she could be contactable on the mobile at work - she gets a full signal.......... hence why I'm going back to Telstra.
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S FTW!!!
    Audi A3 8P 2.0TFSI QUATTRO | SAT NAV | RS6 19'S | PREMIUM TINT| APR CARBONIO STAGE 2 INTAKE | SPM 3" SS DOWNPIPE W/ 200 CELL CAT
    TUNED BY APR
    APR STAGE II.

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectracious Click here to enlarge
    to be honest - was expecting more of these types of idiotic comments Click here to enlarge
    wait for ROCCO to see this

On a side note Pete, I know it's a PITA but Optus do have a 30 Day Coverage Satisfaction , so if it isn't good enough they will can your contract.

Just the pain of having to redo another contract with another carrier.

sorry, my bad. thats only for new customers, not existing
    Last edited by poita; 25th March 2011 at 09:22 PM.
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seen it wait for iPhone 5 in June then make ur decision

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ROCCO Click here to enlarge

try running a business without a mobile phone for 3 months Click here to enlarge

the main calendar software wont change that much anyway.

dont get me wrong, i cant fukin wait for the iphone 5!

but for pete's application it's not suitable
    2013 Ford Focus ST

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ROCCO Click here to enlarge

does the iphone 5 send calendar appointments to people directly and not use bloatware like iTunes to sync to a PC?
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    try running a business without a mobile phone for 3 months Click here to enlarge

the main calendar software wont change that much anyway.

dont get me wrong, i cant fukin wait for the iphone 5!

but for pete's application it's not suitable
    I live by my calendar on the phone - we share appointments via outlook etc left right and centre - my two business partners have to enter everything in seperately into their iphones because it invariably f*cks up when it goes via itunes. One of them actually gave up and just bought a paper diary because it was quicker. All I need to do is press accept on my BB or Outlook once and it syncs everywhere immediately. You can have 2 billion apps in the appstore for all I care - if it cant do a task as simple as a calendar then I'm not interested....

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've just been having a look at what other ways you can sync the calendar on the iphone with outlook or google calendar - and it requires all kinds of apps and workarounds and payment for utilities - something that should be simple just seems way too hard..

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I sync mine with my work calendar, it uses outlook. But it's also set up on exchange

2013 Ford Focus ST

Click here to enlarge

Thread Information