Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    the X10 is kinda like the HTC Diamond, or windows vista Click here to enlarge
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So better than Windows ME??
    "Bacon and eggs. A day's work for the chook. A lifetime commitment for the pig."
    My Car - 1993 Opel Monterey SL
    Wifes Car - 2005 Vectra C CDX 3.2 CLICK

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    DOS 3.1 is better than ME
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge
    "Bacon and eggs. A day's work for the chook. A lifetime commitment for the pig."
    My Car - 1993 Opel Monterey SL
    Wifes Car - 2005 Vectra C CDX 3.2 CLICK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    Set an Arc up on Sunday, was fairly impressed with it as well.

Let me know how it is after prolonged usage
    Been about 2 weeks now - the device itself is amazing - I have come from an iphone 3g so it is a huge upgrade!.

The phone is very responsive to all touch inputs - the screen is simply amazing - using the technology borrowed from their bravia television sets - So sharp and clear.

Very thin and light - but the build quality feels really good in your hand - not cheap and plasticy.

The only gripes I would have with it are the very short battery life - on standby with all data / everything disabled you get about 3 - 4 days at best.
    With wi-fi on and some mild use you will have to charge it the next day for sure.

This isn't a huge problem - But if you want a phone / device with a better battery life - This isn't the one for you.

And the camera button - As happy as I was that this device has a mechanical camera button ( with option to use touchscreen too ) it's just too hard to depress without shaking the whole thing around. - It's got a 2 stage shutter release like most modern cameras do - Focus on the 1st half press - and then it takes the shot on the 2nd half press - If this button was made slightly softer - it would be perfect.

Waiting for the updates coming soon that will enable usb device support / mouse / keyboard / gamepads - They are also releasing a small dock so that you can plug all the mentioned usb components into and then use the HDMI out on the phone to use it like a micro computer on your televisions big screen!

All in all I am extremely happy with the product and wouldn't hesitate recommending it to anyone.

Happy to answer any questions too.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MAD-16V Click here to enlarge
    Been about 2 weeks now - the device itself is amazing - I have come from an iphone 3g so it is a huge upgrade!.

The phone is very responsive to all touch inputs - the screen is simply amazing - using the technology borrowed from their bravia television sets - So sharp and clear.

Very thin and light - but the build quality feels really good in your hand - not cheap and plasticy.

The only gripes I would have with it are the very short battery life - on standby with all data / everything disabled you get about 3 - 4 days at best.
    With wi-fi on and some mild use you will have to charge it the next day for sure.

This isn't a huge problem - But if you want a phone / device with a better battery life - This isn't the one for you.

And the camera button - As happy as I was that this device has a mechanical camera button ( with option to use touchscreen too ) it's just too hard to depress without shaking the whole thing around. - It's got a 2 stage shutter release like most modern cameras do - Focus on the 1st half press - and then it takes the shot on the 2nd half press - If this button was made slightly softer - it would be perfect.

Waiting for the updates coming soon that will enable usb device support / mouse / keyboard / gamepads - They are also releasing a small dock so that you can plug all the mentioned usb components into and then use the HDMI out on the phone to use it like a micro computer on your televisions big screen!

All in all I am extremely happy with the product and wouldn't hesitate recommending it to anyone.

Happy to answer any questions too.
    Lol at 3-4 days being "very short battery life".....if I use my SGS2 how it was intended to be used, i am lucky to get 10 hours out of it - pretty normal for a smartphone these days
    Last edited by nick_sixx; 29th August 2011 at 10:14 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nick_sixx Click here to enlarge
    Lol at 3-4 days being "very short battery life".....if I use my SGS2 how it was intended to be used, i am lucky to get 10 hours out of it - pretty normal for a smartphone these days
    Yep, the days of being able to pick up the phone on Monday morning, use it all week, and return it to the charger Friday night are long gone. All in the pursuit of slim design...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nick_sixx Click here to enlarge
    Maybe I wasn't clear enough..

If I don't use the device at all and have all data turned off - I get 3 to 4 days at best.

If I make a couple of calls and check a few emails / SMS - Browse a few pages - listen to some music, The phone will be dead flat in way under 10 hours.

Thread Information