Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2012 servicing costs concerns

No doubt the servicing department will have complementary scalpels for onsite extractions. It still would not stop me though.
    http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor...222-1b37u.html
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wont stop me either. we could still source our own parts etc from the uk like we do now anyway
    you can live in a car but cant race a house

Current: 1979 Chrysler Lancer Hatch & 2007 Holden ve Commodore SSV
    past: 2002 SRi Astra & 1985 Holden vk Berlina

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Autovaux for president J

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    LOL, Holden criticising someone else for servicing costs....*cough* HYPOCRITICAL *cough*
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, that is funny, I hope Opels will be an affordable brand when they land next year, alot of people will still recognise them as the old Holden range, so if they price themselves over the top, they can't expect too much success over here...

Real concern from that article is indeed for the VAG group, they are developing a greater and greater rep for bad servicing, high cost servicing and patching up rather than fixing servicing issues and problems whilst under warranty and the frequency of cars with probs/unreliabilty is high with VAG vehicles, even the Audi range, hope they sort out their quality/reliability issues for the future...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sooty Click here to enlarge
    LOL, Holden criticising someone else for servicing costs....*cough* HYPOCRITICAL *cough*
    bahahahahahaha
    hahahahah
    ahahahah
    hahahahahahaha
    Click here to enlarge

etc

thats awesome

on a serious note Click here to enlarge it is kind of silly for Holden to be warning Opel of something like this... although, this might make VW wake upto themselves and actually make their servicing costs more competitive...
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want my 2012 opel astra vxr !

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    it's interesting that Holden is telling Opel not to drive their service costs up too high - meanwhile I still remember paying betweeen 500-600 for a normal service for both the Astra and the Vectra at three different Holden dealerships in Melbourne.
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kabel Click here to enlarge
    I want my 2012 opel astra vxr !
    Am eagerly awaiting it's arrival as well, I have a feeling it's going to be a very desirable vehicle for all concerned Click here to enlarge

I do hope they stick to the spec sheet as we've seen thus far and am hoping for the possibility of even some more tech included like the addition of a good twin clucth trans, I'd be totally sold Click here to enlarge

As for the servicing issue, I hope people are at least looking at using alternatives to OEM options, eg. Ultratune will do the same or in fact a better job of everything at around 1/2 to 2/3rds the cost and maintain full OEM warranty, there are also many other cheaper alternatives...

I can understand people sticking with OEM servicing on company/leased vehicles which are not necessarily being paid for by yourself (I did this with a recent BMW company car which I was happy to let my boss get ripped by the BMW service fees LOL) but if your a private owner definitely seek an alternative Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information