Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NSW Point to Point Camera

Noticed this on another site.. good piece of info...

http://smh.drive.com.au/roads-and-tr...220-1b13n.html
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    Audi B6 2004 A4 1.8T S-Line Black. Its Bloody well tuned by AuzVectra.
    *Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car.
    *Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you. Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    im happy if it stays trucks only Click here to enlarge
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guy 27 Click here to enlarge
    im happy if it stays trucks only Click here to enlarge
    it will be a long time before this would be implemented for cars, and i dare say trucks. Based on Melbourne's recent issues with the Hume point to point system (which is the first state to utilise this technology), the other jurisdictions have been very reluctant to bring it in until some outstanding issues are fixed. By the sound of the article, only warnings have been issued and no infringements issued and I'd be inclined to say this is because of the recent Hume debarcle. It is a more reliable way of detecting long term speeding.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    "well rory and adz held me down, nuggz grabbed the vaccuum cleaner, while guy was taping it all.

pj was taking photos but they wont be seen for 12mths and steve was in the corner playing with himself"

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why does media continue to quote Harold Scruby??? The guy is a nutjob attention seeker and has made himself appear important when he is a nobody.......
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    94 000 cars caught. theres a few million in fines if they were issued. im skeptical about these cameras. drove through a few in melbourne and the whole time your going through your heart is pounding and your eye spends more time on the speedo than the actual road. also i dont like how its technology that matches your number plates. but if i get dojne by one ill be wanting the pictures of my car at each camera and at the time they were there
    you can live in a car but cant race a house

Current: 1979 Chrysler Lancer Hatch & 2007 Holden ve Commodore SSV
    past: 2002 SRi Astra & 1985 Holden vk Berlina

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Simple solution, don't speed Click here to enlarge
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure i was driver 95,766 on that list!!
    Click here to enlarge

... catch me if you can.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by metry Click here to enlarge
    94 000 cars caught. theres a few million in fines if they were issued. im skeptical about these cameras. drove through a few in melbourne and the whole time your going through your heart is pounding and your eye spends more time on the speedo than the actual road. also i dont like how its technology that matches your number plates. but if i get dojne by one ill be wanting the pictures of my car at each camera and at the time they were there
    They provide those photos with the times Click here to enlarge not that it really matters at the moment anyway Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    "well rory and adz held me down, nuggz grabbed the vaccuum cleaner, while guy was taping it all.

pj was taking photos but they wont be seen for 12mths and steve was in the corner playing with himself"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by metry Click here to enlarge

thats what i'm thinking. Someone doing a little bit over the limit doesnt make them an immediate danger... someone NERVOUS about doing a little bit over IS.
    Tom 08 Astra Coupe SRI 2.2 (Bunnings Tune)
    Click here to enlarge

"Forced induction" sounds like some sort of sexual assault.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Consider yourselves lucky. The ACT Government is installing point to point cameras for cars on every major road as I write this. Our Chief Minister is a cycling enthusiast (and Greenie) and has spend millions on on-road bike paths. He wants to make Canberra the cycling capital of Oz, if not the world. Our Chief Minister is also leading the call to ban mobile phones in cars, but that's another story..........
    Last edited by Hoss; 23rd February 2011 at 10:24 AM.

Thread Information