So after spending a weekend in Melbourne my old iphone 3G finally gave up the ghost the other week. Wouldnt open any apps, didnt ring, couldnt send messages etc etc.. Tried to restore it but itunes kept telling me there was an unrecoverable error with the phone and to contact Apple Support... pfft.. not going to happen!

I am very much over the whole apple ecosystem that they have created and so decided to get an Android phone. Ended up getting a HTC Desire HD.. all I can say is WOW!

So much better than the iphone, so much more you can do with it, not to mention the massive range of apps that are available that you would have no chance of getting on an iphone. Oh and the customisation side of it is awesome!

The only downside is that battery life is much less than the apple, but that is easily solved by the fact that you can change the battery in them with ease (you can get them on ebay for $3.95 each).

So my question to all those who are now using Android devices, what are your picks of the best apps/customization available?
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!