Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holden Sunroof Recall

Was quite surprised when i found a letter in the mail this afternoon from Holden.
    Was even more surprised when that letter came in the form of a recall.

Don't know how many here on Opelaus are affected but as it turns out there is a fault in the sunroof where the glass panel 'may become detached from the sunroof assembly while in montion.'

So if anyone has a factory fitted sunroof then give your dealer a call and pop out to have it inspected under campaign 11-H-01

Tez
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    Last edited by tezarity; 7th February 2011 at 07:31 PM.
    MY06.5 Astra CDTi
    HSV BODY KIT / HSV SUNROOF / CRD-T BOXED / EIBACH PRO KIT / OPELISED /
    SRI 17'S / WHITELINE RARB / BONNET PROTECTOR / RAIN VISORS /
    Phillips X-TREME POWER GLOBES

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sunroof recalls

This is from another forum, (OzMazda) don't know if it matters much at all, but it might be of interest to some people here...

I've pasted in the attached images to this thread separately at the end...

Webasto recalls almost 50,000 sunroofs in Australia

I don't think this is an issue with Mazda factory sunroofs but I'll put this here for those who may have aftermarket sunroofs or those who have Ford or Holdens with factory sunroofs.

Either way worth a check to see if your sunroof is being recalled.

Webasto recalls almost 50,000 sunroofs in Australia
    By Tim Beissmann | February 7th, 2011

Close to 50,000 aftermarket and factory fitted sunroofs have been recalled in Australia as part of a global recall by the Webasto Group.

Resigzed Image Click this bar to view the full image.

The recall applies to sunroofs supplied by Webasto Product Australia Pty Ltd from the Hollandia 700 and 900 Series.

More than 20,000 Ford and Holden vehicles built between 2002 and 2008 have been recalled due to a potential defect with the factory fitted sunroofs.

Holden has been forced to recall 14,612 vehicles with factory fitted sunroofs built between 2002 and 2006. Affected models include: AH Astra, V2/VZ Monaro, VX/VY/VZ Commodore, WH/WK/WL Statesman and Caprice.

A total of 5658 affected Ford vehicles were built between May 8, 2002 and March 7, 2008. Recalled models include: BA/BA II/BF/BF II Falcon, Fairlane, LTD and FPV vehicles.

Close to 28,000 other vehicles that had aftermarket sunroofs fitted by Webasto’s authorised dealer network in Australia are also affected by the recall.

An official statement from Webasto explains that a bonding condition may exist between the glass panel on the sunroof where in some instances the panel could separate from its frame and dislodge from the vehicle while in motion.

“Although unlikely, conditions existing with the adhesive bond between the glass and metal frame in these affected Hollandia 700 and Hollandia 900 Series sunroofs can increase the risk that the sunroof glass may completely debond from its frame,” the Webasto statement says.

“Complete glass-to-frame debonding can develop gradually and may be evidenced by metal corrosion around the sunroof frame, wind noise, vibration, visual bond separation and/or water leakage. These conditions may be observable for several months before complete glass-to-frame adhesion debonding can ultimately occur.

“Webasto is leading this voluntary safety recall to ensure that proper measures are taken to fix the issue. The glass panel will be replaced at no cost to the consumer.”

Webasto Product Australia’s managing director, Christian Mahr, confirmed the Australian recall was the second largest in the world behind the US.

Mr Mahr confirmed no one in Australia had been injured as a result of the defect, but admitted there had been a “very small number” of local reports of the problem.

He confirmed there were enough parts in the country to complete all the repairs and service all Webasto customers.

Both Ford and Holden will write to owners of affected vehicles. Owners are advised to contact authorised dealerships to arrange the recall inspection and rectification.

All owners of factory fitted and aftermarket sunroofs are encouraged to visit Webasto’s Sunroof Check website, which has details on how to determine whether your sunroof is involved in the safety recall and how to submit a claim.

Source: Webasto recalls almost 50,000 sunroofs in Australia | Car Advice | Reviews

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DOH !!!

I just finished putting up another thread minutes ago on the same topic LOL.

I actually read through the titles and didn't see anything worded about sunroofs...so appologies Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Threads merged, as both are informative Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by hazrd; 7th February 2011 at 10:36 PM.
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By your powers combined...
    MY06.5 Astra CDTi
    HSV BODY KIT / HSV SUNROOF / CRD-T BOXED / EIBACH PRO KIT / OPELISED /
    SRI 17'S / WHITELINE RARB / BONNET PROTECTOR / RAIN VISORS /
    Phillips X-TREME POWER GLOBES

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Adam Click here to enlarge

Just to think I was originally going to end up with one of the last CV8Z's made but it all fell through - would've been involved in this sunroof recall otherwise...

So far I've never had to deal with a vehicle part/s recall thankfully Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

In the future, in the past, somewhere ......
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    still waiting for my letter.............

Click here to enlarge
    "oooh Simon gets a turbo, this could be dangerous!" Mr Cali
    13 Opel Astra Select 1.6 [Mrs] |13 Golf GTi [Speedster] | 81 DMC [Cruiser] | 79 Lancia Beta Spyder [Resto]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SIMid Click here to enlarge
    still waiting for my letter.............
    Why not try calling them Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

In the future, in the past, somewhere ......
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    Why not try calling them Click here to enlarge
    Just did, does not effect my Astra as it was the later build (checked through their database). Mine was in the late 2006 build so all okay. Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by SIMid; 22nd February 2011 at 01:00 PM.

Click here to enlarge
    "oooh Simon gets a turbo, this could be dangerous!" Mr Cali
    13 Opel Astra Select 1.6 [Mrs] |13 Golf GTi [Speedster] | 81 DMC [Cruiser] | 79 Lancia Beta Spyder [Resto]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tezarity Click here to enlarge
    by your powers combined...

lol...i am captain planet...lol

Thread Information