Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Favourite places to buy Opel bits

What are everyone's favourite places to buy Opel bits?

I've got some British pounds burning a hole in my bank account, wanting to be spent on things. I'm trying to focus on car bits for now.

I know about ebay (there's a front grille for the vectra I'm watching at the moment - no bids so far and a starting price of one Euro, but obviously loads of postage from Germany) but overall I'm finding it rather difficult to find what I'm after, as eBay is rather flooded with cheap knockoff stuff, and finding the genuine is hard.

Then there are places like irmscher-bitz (now carstyle-bitz?) and LMFVauxhall, who have better looking parts, but based on what they've got on the web, don't do most of the bits I'm after.

So what are the places you go to buy stuff from?
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used irmscher-bitz quite a few times back when they had the aus site, autovaux several times and marehey vauxhall/vxr shops once, personally if you know what parts you want (genuine parts) go autovaux otherwise, carstyle-bitz would be the go. Alot of members have been having issues with LMF lately
    Last edited by glider; 2nd February 2011 at 12:29 PM.
    Glider aka Toby, 94 Calibra Turbo
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    i've got a bit of stuff via forums in the uk. most people are happy to ship overseas.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As above, I've used and recommend Irmscher-bits.com for all your 'dress up' parts and AutoVaux for all your mechanical stuff...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Autovaux website doesn't seem to have actual parts in it. I can't seem to find anything - and not just the bits I'm looking for, but literally anything. I pick a car and a category (I've even resorted to choosing things at random) and I've not found anything at all come up as a result yet.

Carstyle-bits have one thing on my list. Out of ten. Some I wouldn't expect them to carry, but just one is rather disappointing, and doesn't even get me to their free shipping threshold. OTOH, it's the only place so far I've found that specific piece, so I suppose that's a start, and they are doing better than LMF in terms of hits...

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just ring or email Autovaux.

They are in the process of setting up the new site, which will have a full listing of all cars and parts.
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the easiesy way to contact lmf is through their email account. also keep an eye out on ebay. sometimes you can grab bargains off their
    you can live in a car but cant race a house

Current: 1979 Chrysler Lancer Hatch & 2007 Holden ve Commodore SSV
    past: 2002 SRi Astra & 1985 Holden vk Berlina

OpelAus Forum Hierarchy Nurb608's Avatar
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What parts are you looking for exactly? Might make it easier for us to point you in the right direction Click here to enlarge
    Track Times: Phillip Island - 1:59.4027, Calder Park - 1:08.8142, Winton 3km - 1:40.7810, Sandown - 1:29.6000, Haunted Hills - 62.55, 1/4 Mile - 13.736

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nurb608 Click here to enlarge
    What parts are you looking for exactly? Might make it easier for us to point you in the right direction Click here to enlarge
    For a Vectra B facelift Hatch:

* Rear Opel blitz emblem, complete with mounting lugs. (I did find this on carstyle-bitz, but they don't do shipping to Aus any more, they direct you to irmscher-bitz, which is closed).
    * Rear Opel word branding, to match existing 'VECTRA' lettering - i.e. in rounded letter style and with no connecting bar.
    * Front grille - complete replacement with opel blitz emblem. Not the "OPC" version - there was no production OPC Vectra B, so all the OPC branded grilles in Vectra Bs are fakes. I want this to look as original as I can get it, just with the Opel branding restored.
    * Wheel centre caps with Opel blitz. Existing are 63mm dia, five claw, Smooth top. Don't think the number of claws matter, but the depth of the claws does. I'll have to measure one more thoroughly...
    * Opel airbag emblem. Flat metal with edge claws, ~35mm dia, for four spoke wheel with radio controls. Possibly this might be the omega type? It's certainly not the one commonly listed. I did find a Vauxhall one once, but can't remember where. The emblem can be persuaded to come out cleanly on these, unlike on the three spoke wheel.
    * Set of original mats, preferably branded either 'Vectra' or 'Opel', in RHD. Explicitly not looking to modify Holden ones.

I've already ordered a replacement key top with buttons from England via the bay of E to replace the melted buttons on one of the keys, so we can scratch this one off the list. Twenty dollars here for just the buttons (and you have to cut the old ones out yourself and glue the new ones in) versus under ten dollars for the entire top half of the key shipped from England - new in GM packaging. Both of which are an absolute bargain compared to taking it to Holden. I think I'll go the new in GM packaging shipped from England route, thanks Click here to enlarge

* Auto-tinting rear view mirror. Guy was going to get me the part number for this so I can ask my Dad to get a price from his local Vauxhall dealer, but he may have forgotten :P. There are a few second hand on the bay of E, but I think I'd prefer a new one for a rear view mirror (part of the current issue is it's too loose, and can get out of position, so a complete new kit sounds ideal).

Actually, I'd like two of those mirrors, one for the Astra as well. And if the price is right, it could turn into a group buy, as I know Guy is interested, and I imagine others might be too...

I'm also considering a set of the Insignia washer jets for the Astra (I know they don't fit the Vectra, but they do fit the Astra). Guy didn't seem to think they were up to the job of cleaning windows in Australia, but I'm still considering it. Several people on this here t'internet have said they can suffer from problems if not aligned properly or damage if done with the wrong tool, so I'd be after the adjustment tool too. Both of these I've found on the Bay of E now, it's just a case of placing the order.

I'm also looking for a few trim pieces for the Astra on the L/H rear door. It's an Astra G 5 door hatch, and I need the speaker cover and the blanking plate that covers up the hole where the electric window switch would be (this car has manual windows). I think a scrapyard is the right place to get these bits, but I haven't had time to go looking yet. Nevertheless, both are plastic, so should be cleanable if they've come from a, uhm, wet car?

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    opps forgot about the mirror.

vec c auto dimming mirror - 93190418
    zafira cover - 93172229 (its smaller in size than the astra one.)

There is also a vectra housing/cover as well but i can't seem to find the part number for it. Its much larger in size though.
    Last edited by guy 27; 3rd February 2011 at 12:46 PM.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Thread Information