Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OpelAus Participant Gatecrasher's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuel differences

Hey guys ever since I have had the car I've been using shell v power and was fairly whatever about it, I tried the Safeway caltex premium and that was just nasty - car ran rougher and mileage was horrible. So I went back to v power just cos I knew it was ok. Someone at work said that BP ultimate was the best so I gave it a crack and I'm surprised at the difference compared to v power. The car seems to run smoother and glide easier when I jump off the accelerator, the gearstick also feels nicer hardly any vibration at all.

Have u guys experienced differences with the petrol you use?
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At one stage I filled up with Caltex Vortex 98 and that tank lasted a while and car seemed to run pretty well off it. Just my 2cents

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i use whatever 98 octane aslong as its from a somewhat reputable source (usually shell, mobil, bp very rarely caltex).
    you can live in a car but cant race a house

Current: 1979 Chrysler Lancer Hatch & 2007 Holden ve Commodore SSV
    past: 2002 SRi Astra & 1985 Holden vk Berlina

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    used vortex98 in all of my cars, none of them have had an issue, and mileage has been great Click here to enlarge (currently getting 650 in the astra on a 50L tank, and 550 in the GTi on a 45L tank... 550 conservatively lol)

edit: dont forget, its also down to the oil you use aswell... but thats for another topic Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by hazrd; 1st February 2011 at 09:13 PM.
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I normally run v power on mine aswell till one time there was no shell open and I was running low so I had to stop at a bp and tried the ultimate and yeah I agree the car seems to be smoother to drive..

I thought it was just in my head so it's good that someone else felt it too..

But one thing I noticed though, I don't get very high milage.. Though that's probably coz I use the aircon often nowadays..
    Silver 03 SRi T -derestricted 2.2 airbox;total closure;ECU remap (EDS Stage 2 - 260 ps);breather box;Angel Eyes;Veccy Intake Scoop;FMIC;Inlet Cam;3"TBE;82 degrees thermostat;VXR Turbo;short shift;Team HEKO Wind Deflectors;Eibach Pro Kit;Whiteline RARB;Slotted Rotors with RDA Extreme Pads

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I use BP ultimate only because its right next to my house, otherwise im not bothered.

Like Hazrd has said its also to do with the oil you use.
    Audi A3 8P 2.0TFSI QUATTRO | SAT NAV | RS6 19'S | PREMIUM TINT| APR CARBONIO STAGE 2 INTAKE | SPM 3" SS DOWNPIPE W/ 200 CELL CAT
    TUNED BY APR
    APR STAGE II.

OpelAus Participant Gatecrasher's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hazrd Click here to enlarge
    used vortex98 in all of my cars, none of them have had an issue, and mileage has been great Click here to enlarge (currently getting 650 in the astra on a 50L tank, and 550 in the GTi on a 45L tank... 550 conservatively lol)

edit: dont forget, its also down to the oil you use aswell... but thats for another topic Click here to enlarge
    650!!!! FFS I've never seen that haha. Curious about this oil comment, I just have whatever Holden put in it *shrugs*

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Gatecrasher Click here to enlarge
    650!!!! FFS I've never seen that haha. Curious about this oil comment, I just have whatever Holden put in it *shrugs*
    I have a feeling they use mobil oils...however I could be wrong

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CNBLU Click here to enlarge
    I use BP ultimate only because its right next to my house, otherwise im not bothered.

Like Hazrd has said its also to do with the oil you use.
    I use BP Ultimate 98 90% of the time other wise the car seems to really like Mobil 98 but those petrol station a rare around these parts, and V-Max 98 car runs nicely on. Ill only use Caltex 98 if there is nothing else but only put like $15 to get me to another station, car just seems to run better on the others.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Gatecrasher Click here to enlarge
    my missus drives like a total hanny though Click here to enlarge i reckon id be struggling for 500 if it was just me driving!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by craigm Click here to enlarge
    I have a feeling they use mobil oils...however I could be wrong
    you are correct, but i dont use holden mechanics Click here to enlarge mine uses Valvoline products
    Last edited by hazrd; 1st February 2011 at 09:57 PM.
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Thread Information