Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FWD Falcon???

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectracious Click here to enlarge
    They are quick cars, but people who drive them I think have a complex about having one - so you constantly have these middle aged men in their Aurion dragging everyone off at the lights and just acting like complete f*ckwits..... Then you get the owners who just can't drive for sh*t (hence why they ended up in something as dreary as a Toyota Aurion in the first place - because they just don't give a crap about cars)
    Exactly!!

Although i don't know about people actually owning them. Many are probably just fleets that the driver doesn't care about..
    2006 Subaru WRX

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmonkey Click here to enlarge
    oh and BMW arent scraping the v10 they are keeping that for the M5/M6 fairly certain, but no more v8
    No they're not...the V10 is getting replaced with a TTV8 !!! I've seen the 'insider' literature from BMW forums Click here to enlarge

All BMW atmo V8's and V10's are going to be superseded...

FYI the M3 will get an IL6 turbo, 'insider' literature suggests a tri-turbo IL6 - 1st of its kind...

New 1 series will be 4 and 3 pot turbo powered, turbo 4 for the new 135i variant whatever it ends up being called...

There will also be an M2 in the future...as the M1 nameplate in taken...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PaulyJ Click here to enlarge
    The Aurion without a doubt. My wife and I are about to buy an Aurion, and having driven all 3, the Aurion ticks a lot more boxes.
    The gearbox is great and the power delivery from the 3.5 6 is beautiful. Handles pretty well for a large car too.
    For daily 'normal' driving pleasures, which would be 95% of the time, definately Aurion.
    For sick drifts and hectic sidewayz actionz, commo and falcon over the aurion.
    Pauly I know a bloke with one of these (the S/C variant) and the only complaint he's got is the fuel burn...he averages around 16ltrs/100km, pretty high for daily use, otherwise he loves the thing and wouldn't part with it...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Regular 01CDsedan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PaulyJ Click here to enlarge
    The Aurion without a doubt. My wife and I are about to buy an Aurion, and having driven all 3, the Aurion ticks a lot more boxes.
    The gearbox is great and the power delivery from the 3.5 6 is beautiful. Handles pretty well for a large car too.
    For daily 'normal' driving pleasures, which would be 95% of the time, definately Aurion.
    For sick drifts and hectic sidewayz actionz, commo and falcon over the aurion.
    You're about to buy one? Good lord.

I had one as a rental in Tasmania for a week about two years ago. I agree that the engine and transmission are great; they are the only redeeming feature of what is otherwise a horrible car to drive.

I gave up on trying to drive it with any enthusiasm whatsoever on Tasmania's epic west coast driving roads. It was actually really tiring to drive because you couldn't get a rhythm going simply because it couldn't deal with corners. It would accelerate nicely between the corners, but you had to slow down soooo much every time you came into a bend that it was easier to just give up and plod along at normal Camry driver pace.

There was also practically zero steering feel and the one time I decided to give it an absolute bootful up a slight hill near Launceston to see what it was capable of, it torque steered and tramlined all over the place. The brakes were also far more prone to triggering ABS than any other car I've ever driven.

Still, hope you enjoy it Click here to enlarge
    Currently: no Opels
    Formerly: 2001 Astra CD sedan, 2003 Vectra CDX

Thread Information