Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FWD Falcon???

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ford make an AWD Falcon sized car in the USA (TT 3.5L V6). I think any future Falcons would share the Taurus platform.

AWD... about 270Kw

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by rjastra; 13th January 2011 at 07:33 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmonkey Click here to enlarge
    word was they were scraping v8s soon anyway.. and the 6s are becoming 4s
    That's exactly what BMW are planning on doing in the future beginning this year with the new 1 series, not Ford, as said the new Aust. developed Ford Coyote S/C V8's are here to stay and word is they're going to be used by the yanks on some of their range too Click here to enlarge

GMH apparently will bring in the S/C LS9 to compete against them or introduce a normal run of the mill S/C LS3 rather than custom S/C V8 Walkie jobs, either way it seems V8's are alive and well for the immediate term anyway Click here to enlarge

BTW BMW will also scrap the once heavily lauded atmo V10...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ford were too.. if u recall the idea of a 4cyl falcon discussion just over a year back :P
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    That's exactly what BMW are planning on doing in the future beginning this year with the new 1 series, not Ford, as said the new Aust. developed Ford Coyote S/C V8's are here to stay and word is they're going to be used by the yanks on some of their range too Click here to enlarge

GMH apparently will bring in the S/C LS9 to compete against them or introduce a normal run of the mill S/C LS3 rather than custom S/C V8 Walkie jobs, either way it seems V8's are alive and well for the immediate term anyway Click here to enlarge

BTW BMW will also scrap the once heavily lauded atmo V10...
    oh and BMW arent scraping the v10 they are keeping that for the M5/M6 fairly certain, but no more v8
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 01CDsedan Click here to enlarge
    Go drive a current Commodore or Falcon, then drive a Toyota Aurion and report back on which you prefer for driving pleasure.
    The Aurion without a doubt. My wife and I are about to buy an Aurion, and having driven all 3, the Aurion ticks a lot more boxes.
    The gearbox is great and the power delivery from the 3.5 6 is beautiful. Handles pretty well for a large car too.
    For daily 'normal' driving pleasures, which would be 95% of the time, definately Aurion.
    For sick drifts and hectic sidewayz actionz, commo and falcon over the aurion.
    :: OpelAus Senior Moderator ::
    :: OLD: 2000 Opel Corsa B 1.4 - Old info here - 48.7kw atw
    :: OLD: 2003 Opel Corsa C SRi - Old info here - 84.8kw atw
    :: OLD: 2003 Opel Astra SRiT - 182.3kw atw
    :: Daily: 2001 E46 BMW 325Ci Coupe – 2.5L 5spd Manual
    :: Project: 1983 AE71 Toyota Corolla CS-X - not sure what to do yet... ::

www.pauljakubicki.com
    facebook.com/PaulJakubickiPhotography
    Event Photographer/Writer for SpeedNation.com.au

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 01CDsedan Click here to enlarge
    Go drive a current Commodore or Falcon, then drive a Toyota Aurion and report back on which you prefer for driving pleasure.
    As above. The aurion has excellent power AND handling for a large car.

But you can't do gnarly skids in a FWD bro.

Oh and please don't buy the AT-X. Disgusting interior and even tackier than the 2010 XR6 falcon.
    Last edited by ChrisMaz; 14th January 2011 at 08:06 AM.
    Click here to enlarge

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors, M-Tech Shifter

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PaulyJ Click here to enlarge
    My wife and I are about to buy an Aurion,
    Please tell me you are joking.
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    cant even do hand brakies in the aurion...... because there is no hand brake lol (foot brake)
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PaulyJ Click here to enlarge
    The Aurion without a doubt. My wife and I are about to buy an Aurion, and having driven all 3, the Aurion ticks a lot more boxes.
    The gearbox is great and the power delivery from the 3.5 6 is beautiful. Handles pretty well for a large car too.
    For daily 'normal' driving pleasures, which would be 95% of the time, definately Aurion.
    For sick drifts and hectic sidewayz actionz, commo and falcon over the aurion.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectracious Click here to enlarge
    Please tell me you are joking.
    It's funny... I had a mate who chopped and changed between dealers as a salesman a few years ago (2007), and would always be bringing a different car over when he saw me

He never ended up with an XR6, but he did get the SV6 and different versions of the aurion. Weird thing was (with both of being into cars)... we both preferred the Aurion!!

Never forgot the time we had some fun with a VL Turbo in a base model Aurion. Let's just say he got the shock of his life haha
    2006 Subaru WRX

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mizled_SRi-T Click here to enlarge
    Never forgot the time we had some fun with a VL Turbo in a base model Aurion. Let's just say he got the shock of his life haha
    They are quick cars, but people who drive them I think have a complex about having one - so you constantly have these middle aged men in their Aurion dragging everyone off at the lights and just acting like complete f*ckwits..... Then you get the owners who just can't drive for sh*t (hence why they ended up in something as dreary as a Toyota Aurion in the first place - because they just don't give a crap about cars)
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Thread Information