35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mr corsa Click here to enlarge
    get sum balls sunshine and get this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYrN6...eature=channel
    fuel consumption would be about the same as a diesel Click here to enlarge
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectracious Click here to enlarge
    You really cant go wrong with any of those cars but if I were to pick one, it would probably be the Focus as its probably dynamically better than the others (not having driven it, just going on what I read from reviews)

have you test driven all of them Gav?
    Nah i will be going for a test drive next week, im leaning towards the i30 or the cruize but not 100% which one yet. The wife wants a pug but again im unsure, especially about service and parts, would it not be expensive?

get sum balls sunshine and get this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYrN6...eature=channel
    Tony your just full of wisdom buddy Click here to enlarge
    Audi A3 8P 2.0TFSI QUATTRO | SAT NAV | RS6 19'S | PREMIUM TINT| APR CARBONIO STAGE 2 INTAKE | SPM 3" SS DOWNPIPE W/ 200 CELL CAT
    TUNED BY APR
    APR STAGE II.

Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My parents have just bought a Golf GTD diesel as a run around (they have an Audi and a Landcruiser but wanted something small) and it is a fantastic little car. I'd recommend it over any of those above. They looked at all sorts of things and it was the standout of the crowd by a huge margin...They got a demo for under $30k and there are a few around that come in for your budget.

They did a recent trip from NSW to Kangaroo Island via Broken Hill and back thorugh Victoria and managed over 1100km's to a tank...Not bad for cruising at 120KPH...
    Last edited by gman; 15th December 2010 at 09:31 AM.
    Epsilon Renntech
    2003 Astra SRi-T - The Phantom
    EMTRON ECU
    Borg Warner EFR7163 & EFR9180
    Tuned by Scott @ Insight Motorsports

Carseldine, Brisbane - Ex Cape Town, South Africa
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GTD with DSG. yes please.
    www.wolf4x4.com.au

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont get the new car til after you race your car this sat 18th dec at calder then you will get a time the want to spend more money on the astra
    Last edited by mr corsa; 15th December 2010 at 09:43 AM.
    "LAG IS JUST FOREPLAY"
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip Glenn but all the GTD's ive seen are around 45k? Are they 4 door? Have they got room for kids?
    Audi A3 8P 2.0TFSI QUATTRO | SAT NAV | RS6 19'S | PREMIUM TINT| APR CARBONIO STAGE 2 INTAKE | SPM 3" SS DOWNPIPE W/ 200 CELL CAT
    TUNED BY APR
    APR STAGE II.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    dont get the new car til after you race your car this sat 18th dec at calder then you will get a time the want to spend more money on the astra
    I'll always be spendng more money on the astra, just gotta look after the wife with this one Click here to enlarge
    TUNED BY APR
    APR STAGE II.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    astra turbo disel station wagon
    "LAG IS JUST FOREPLAY"
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CNBLU Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the tip Glenn but all the GTD's ive seen are around 45k? Are they 4 door? Have they got room for kids?
    Yes and yes...There are the other diesel Golf's in the range...Def worth having a look
    Epsilon Renntech
    2003 Astra SRi-T - The Phantom
    EMTRON ECU
    Borg Warner EFR7163 & EFR9180
    Tuned by Scott @ Insight Motorsports

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectracious Click here to enlarge
    You really cant go wrong with any of those cars but if I were to pick one, it would probably be the Focus as its probably dynamically better than the others (not having driven it, just going on what I read from reviews)

have you test driven all of them Gav?
    Test drove the Focus Diesel and its pretty torquey from stock which i liked about it, At 100km it moved all over the rd and the road noise was terrible...not sure if it was tyres or not, interior was way to simple and I thought the stereo was really bad.

the biggest thing which put me off however was the cruise control. Any car I have come across has had it on either the indicator or wiper stalk but the focus has a third below the left wiper stalk, not only did I find it bulky (credit card size) I found it really fiddly to use when i was trying to set it and my knees kept hitting it. I know this will be less of a problem for someone shorter but its like they just slapped something together and it completely f**ks up the ergonomics in the car.

The Hyundai I30 I loved to drive, i have only driven a petrol but it felt roomy, has stacks of compartments, bluetooth and iPod connectivity and felt pretty solid.

havent driven the peugot but know its a good car, infact right up there with the best of them and comes with a little euro prestige.
    I dont know why you say to sell it after 2 years guy...your thinking of the peugot's of old.

as for the cruise......I dont like it but have only ever sat in one...it is afterall a rebranded Daewoo !

Shame about the mazda though as they only come in manual (god only knows why ?)
    Last edited by Ice; 15th December 2010 at 10:25 AM.

Thread Information