Thread: What car to buy

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    AFAIK rj's just bought one too Click here to enlarge
    I cancelled mine.... Rethought the outlay on a car I only drive 8K km a year

People who ordered cars with options are looking at 6-9 month waits.

Best bet is to get one with nothing additional.

The MKV Golf GTI saga is being revisited. Remember when people were waiting huge times to get a specifically optioned Golf GTI around 5 yrs ago.

You provide the customers with numerous options and suddenly dealers wont stock any 'standard" cars for fear of not being sold. So in effect EVERY car becomes a special order with huge lead times.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    I cancelled mine.... Rethought the outlay on a car I only drive 8K km a year

People who ordered cars with options are looking at 6-9 month waits.

Best bet is to get one with nothing additional.

The MKV Golf GTI saga is being revisited. Remember when people were waiting huge times to get a specifically optioned Golf GTI around 5 yrs ago.

You provide the customers with numerous options and suddenly dealers wont stock any 'standard" cars for fear of not being sold. So in effect EVERY car becomes a special order with huge lead times.
    Sorry to hear that rj...I'm still keen to go ahead but as said I don't need to commit until March at the earliest to still fit into the build slot for Aust. July/August delivery...so we'll see what happens.

But yeh it's a 5-7 month wait on any VW or even Audi, BMW or Merc. etc. if you order one specific to your needs, otherwise you just take what's on the showroom floor...I'm in no hurry so long lead times are of no concern to me, what's important to me is to get exactly what I want within a certain budget I've set for it Click here to enlarge

AFAIK no new Polo Gti's currently landed here are optioned in any way, there are all bone standard which for me is not what I want...way too under equipped for my liking...

As far as options go on this model, there's not a great deal and it dosn't end up costing the Earth either to get most into the car, unlike say a Golf which can end up costing another 50% + over its base price, the Polo Gti with everything except sat nav. added adds approx. 6k to the drive away price of the car (at least that's the deal I've got going) but will end up being less than that if I go ahead...

If I do go ahead, I'll at least want the active bi-xenon/LED DRL headlights and the 2/3rds length glass panoramic roof with built in sunroof and visor feature, that should only add around 3k to the price of the car...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information