Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Courtney goes to Toll/HSV

V8 Supercars worst kept secret ever.

More details later today when the press conference is held.

The second series champ for Ford to lose in a couple of years to Holden, not looking good for them
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    After supporting HRT since 1996, i am announcing my defection to 888 for next year, there is no fkn way i'm supporting that *insert expletives here* i can't stand Courtney!!!!!

And yes worst kept secret, although had a bit of hope when Murphy's name was thrown in the mix for the HRT drive......
    BroTek Performance Pty Ltd

Current:
    2003 Astra SRi Turbo & 2004 Barina SXi
    Ex's: 2001 Astra CD & 2001 Astra SRi 2.2, plus a long list of non Opels...

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    news on jimbeamracing website

http://jimbeamracing.com.au/_webapp_...IM_BEAM_RACING

Jim Beam Racing today announced that James Courtney has elected not to continue with The Team in 2011.

Team owner Dick Johnson said that the while he was disappointed to lose the services of the 2010 V8 Supercar Series Champion, he wished Courtney all the best for the future.

“It's a shame to see the winning combination broken up, however James has decided that moving on is the best thing for him and his family and I respect that decision,” said Johnson.

“I’ve always had a great relationship with James and I’m very proud of what he has achieved with us.

“The history books will show that James Courtney won the 2010 Drivers Championship with Jim Beam Racing.

“He’s added something wonderful to The Team’s history and for that we will always hold him in the highest regard.

“I honestly wish James all the best,” Johnson said. “But if he thinks that means we’ll go soft on him at the track next year he has another thing coming!”

Courtney said he was pleased to be leaving the team on a positive note.

"Winning the championship with Jim Beam Racing this year is obviously one of the greatest highlights of my career so far,” said Courtney.

"We've had some amazing highs and some lows in my two seasons with Dick's team - but we came out on top and delivered a championship by taking on the 'big guys' and beating them.

"But I never like sitting still and really feel it's time for a new challenge - which will be revealed in the very near future. And it's important to note that Dick, the team and myself have ended our professional relationship still with genuine mutual respect and a continuing real friendship.....which is pretty unique in this sport."

James Courtney Joined Jim Beam Racing in 2009, scoring two race wins in his first season.

The Car #18 driver hit his straps in 2010, racking up 11 podium finishes including 6 race wins and 1 pole.

In addition to winning the 2010 Drivers Championship Courtney was awarded V8 Supercars highest individual accolade, the Barry Sheene Medal.

Courtney’s replacement at Jim Beam Racing will be announced in the coming weeks.
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just for you Steve

Click here to enlarge
    2013 Ford Focus ST

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna cramp Tander's style not being the 'number 1' driver any more.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He will just have to work harder !

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xplosv57 Click here to enlarge
    After supporting HRT since 1996, i am announcing my defection to 888 for next year, there is no fkn way i'm supporting that *insert expletives here* i can't stand Courtney!!!!!

And yes worst kept secret, although had a bit of hope when Murphy's name was thrown in the mix for the HRT drive......
    what a joke
    im going to burn my hrt shirt at new years out of disgrace/ absolute disgust towards the team now
    also what a slap in the face for djr finnaly wi nning a season and then not even getting the honour of having a car with the number 1 on it next season

and im moving my support to fujitsu racing and backing lee holdsworth for 2011
    Last edited by bender; 14th December 2010 at 08:33 PM.
    my old ride coming to a wreckers near you my
    old ride: vy commodore
    currently: the migrain

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Champions leaving teams is not unusual, F1 has a history of it. Williams was noted for letting their driver go if he won the Championship. I hope Courtney has made the right decision to leave DJR, as Toll/HRT haven't performed that well in 2010.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can take our drivers but you still cant win the championship.

Can't say I am happy to see him go but good luck to him!

FROSTY 2011!
    Click here to enlarge

FG F6 310 + Peri Peri = 406kw & 890Nm atw
    1/4 mile 11.7 @ 119 mph on factory 19" Dunlops 10/08/11 WSID

OpelAus Forum Hierarchy Nurb608's Avatar
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CORZZA Click here to enlarge
    You can take our drivers but you still cant win the championship.

Can't say I am happy to see him go but good luck to him!

FROSTY 2011!
    Well if ford actually bothered properly backing these teams then the drivers would have stayed Click here to enlarge
    Track Times: Phillip Island - 1:59.4027, Calder Park - 1:08.8142, Winton 3km - 1:40.7810, Sandown - 1:29.6000, Haunted Hills - 62.55, 1/4 Mile - 13.736

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Thread Information