Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    List updated in first post!!
    Last edited by xplosv57; 26th November 2010 at 04:30 PM.
    BroTek Performance Pty Ltd

Current:
    2003 Astra SRi Turbo & 2004 Barina SXi
    Ex's: 2001 Astra CD & 2001 Astra SRi 2.2, plus a long list of non Opels...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    lovin your work stevo

ill take one too mate Click here to enlarge
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are these comparable with front end software such as centrafuse? If so I'll get one cuz mine isn't apparently...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jastra Click here to enlarge
    Are these comparable with front end software such as centrafuse? If so I'll get one cuz mine isn't apparently...
    no idea

ill wait for Steve to answer that when he jumps on here!!
    BroTek Performance Pty Ltd

Current:
    2003 Astra SRi Turbo & 2004 Barina SXi
    Ex's: 2001 Astra CD & 2001 Astra SRi 2.2, plus a long list of non Opels...

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was reading through the eBay ad for it but I'm still not sure what this thing does. Is it just for diagnostic purposes for when your car doesn't operate properly?
    Astra TS CD

running stock (for the moment)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in as long as it works trouble free with Vista like it states it does. The last opcom I got didn't work with Vista.
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast Keep'emRunning's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not having a go, but unsure why you guys just don't buy one from HK? They're identical and cheaper

I've opened up 2.. one I killed trying to change usb device ID Click here to enlarge Exactly the same pcb in both.

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Folks,
    I took a little while to get around to posting about Opcom, but I'll try and answer any questions and address anything raised already.

Firstly, compatibility and what Opcom does. It is OBDII compliant, so connects to all standards of Opel GM cars. Fortunately, the pre-OBDII fully compliant cars such as Calibra and Vectra also work with Opcom, because Opel in their wisdom decided to use the OBD standard connector and follow the correct pin pattern. OBDI on some cars such as US models was not designed to a standard, so you can't get a backwards compatible unit like an Opcom to talk to all models. We're just lucky with Opel that we can do this.

Certain parts of the Opcom program may not work with the pre-16 pin models however, as you have to use the 16 to 10 pin adaptor for this. We can supply these at extra cost on request, but as it is just a bunch of wires and two plugs, you would be better off buying directly from China on these to be honest.

With regards to a bulk buy from the UK, I was asked about it by Steve and we are happy to put a deal together if you guys want to buy from us to have peace of mind. As Keep'emRunning already said, all Opcoms that you can get in this price bracket are made in China and Hong Kong, so it may be as well to source yours from nearer to home (I'm only being honest!) if price is your main aim.

We source our Opcom through a trusted supplier in the UK, who themselves has trade links with China (they have some of their own branded stuff made in the factory where the Opcom is made). There are multiple makers of Opcom, I have had several different makers work pass through my hands with problems due to poor soldering, the ones we sell are from a supplier whose products I personally checked before we set up a deal to buy from them. This is also why we offer a 1 year warranty with our units, which we will obviously honour if you guys want to buy from us.

Functionally, Opcom does a lot more than code reading from the engine ECU. It can access all on board ECUs, such as auto gear box or body control modules. Because the unit can send and recieve data from these ECUs (a code reader such as an ELM 327 can read a code and data and send ONE signal to reset the engine management ECU), you can test devices on the car and also do stuff like changing the coding for cruise control.

The Opcom can also talk directly to the ECU and immobiliser if you have the keycode card to put the correct code in. This allows you to add or delete keys, or even unpair an ECU and immo to replace it. You can also teach new remote keyfobs. We don't exaggerate what they can do in our ebay ads Click here to enlarge

Last bit, software. Because we source in Europe for our supply, the software came from a European source. While we all know that China Opcoms are not "factory supported" Click here to enlarge we have got software that does not require hacking or patching, it is also free of trojans and spyware. Some of the China suppliers do send out their Opcoms with dodgy software, so you have to make sure of a source of software before buying, in case you get issues.

FINALLY, THIS IS NOT A SALES PITCH! Currently, in Europe, there is a real shortage in supply of quality Opcoms, we have a running order with our supplier, but he's only sending us what he gets in each time his stocks come in from the manufacturers, so they are coming in dribs and drabs. I can offer a deal, but I doubt it will beat China prices, as some of these sellers can offer them on eBay for less than we pay wholesale! Whether these are as good quality, I don't know.

That's my two penny's worth. If you want to investigate sourcing in China, then I can offer advice and software support if you need. I won't supply our manuals that we sell with our tools, as obviously this is one of our unique selling points, but I can probably fire out a CD rom with a definite clean version of software to save you guys headaches!

Let me know what you decide, there are a few conditions that will need to apply buying from the UK, but we can discuss further after everyone has decided what they want to do.

Thanks for listening, Cheers,
    Steve Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im interested

I'm new here, please be nice Kazz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged