Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

legalities with some modifications

hey guys. as the gsi is off the road iv decided to make it my project car and try and make it as custom as possible but still road legal. iv always LOVED corsa vans (not combos) so i was wondering would it be legal to remove the rear windows on the corsa and basically weld plates in to cover up where the windows where. im basically after something that looks like this

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've done a short and inconsistent google search and come up with nothing. But I'm positive if you cover the windows, it will have to be put over the pits again as its blocking visibility. (even if its the side windows) Pretty sure its almost another class of vehicle if its a "panel van"
    Click here to enlarge

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors, M-Tech Shifter

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    someone on here did something similar to this years and years ago. i know that doesnt help much, but from memory they had to change the rego over to panel van as stated above

have a search around on here and you might find the thread
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ah yeah it would probably have to be changed to a panelvan because from the regos point of view im changing its function
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Wouldn't see how painting over the windows is any different than 5% tint as of such being legal on rear windows?? Same thing theoretically 5% gives next to know visibilty at night in those windows and how often u really look through them?

It's legal to black them out completely so I'd imagine a rear seat window would be fine
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh but also if ur planning on making it a 2 seater then yes it'll have to go over pits as it's changing vehicle details
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information