Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: eBook reader

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I only got the wifi model, not the 3G/Whispernet model.

I figured you can fit 3500 books on the thing, I can download them at home, load them up and its good for a while.

Got mine direct from Amazon as well.

Also Pete, the new generation has a pdf viewer built in as well, and there is a program called Calibre that will convert any text you want into e-book format that you can read on the Kindle. So yes, you can buy the books on Amazon (which are about $10 compard to say $25 at Borders) or umm *cough* T*rr*nt *cough* and use calibre to convert.
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    hmmm its too close to calibra

no doubt it will be great to start with, yet too expensive

then as it ages goes to shit and costs you a fukin fortune! be enough of calibra bashing Click here to enlarge

OT: thanks pete, defin gonna look into it more. and with the aussie dollar being so awesome, might just splash out and get one.

btw how much they slug you for freight? *edit: nevermind. just saw $20*
    Last edited by poita; 17th October 2010 at 10:53 PM.
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only just downloaded iBook for my iPhone I assume same sort of thing. Can the ebooks u buy for them be read on the iPhone via iBooks? As the ones for iBooks are all old and nothing new.

SSS_Hoon
    Click here to enlarge
    ......all that work and still not enough killer wasps, So i'm in the hunt for more.....

Life Is A Bitch, Death Is A ****, That Comes For Everyone, When It Comes For You, Your Completely ****ed

"Soon to be adding to the family with a itty bitty bubby"

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSS_Hoon Click here to enlarge
    I only just downloaded iBook for my iPhone I assume same sort of thing. Can the ebooks u buy for them be read on the iPhone via iBooks? As the ones for iBooks are all old and nothing new.

SSS_Hoon

I think they're all different, because you can buy the kindle app for the iphone/ipad and download and read amazon books - also can get the nook app from Barnes & Noble and most likely the Borders app too. The kindle only runs Amazon stuff and you have to convert anything else manually to read on it.

Amazon has only about 300,000 titles available for Australia (compared to about 600,000 + titles for US), but apparently there's ways around that and you can get access to the US range - just have to change a couple of settings on it...
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is a free app for iPhone on Amazon. From what I know, any book you buy can be read on up to 6 different devices, including Kindle, PC and iPhone if you wanna.
    Renault SPORT Clio RS 200 Cup Trophee

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kindle just arrived - looks pretty well built and the eInk tech they use on the screen really does make it look like paper.

Problem is I just found out I need glasses which are going to take a week, so wont be able to start using it until then!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    1. ur an old bugger Click here to enlarge
    2. how the hell did you get yours before me?!?!

edit .. scratch that

Date
    October 22, 2010

Time
    08:33:00 AM

Event Details
    Out for delivery
    soon Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by hazrd; 22nd October 2010 at 11:08 AM.
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    so thoughts Adz?

since pete cant even see his
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    meh you took too long to reply Click here to enlarge

just bought one, $168inc postage.

and a pretty pink case for $11 from ebay
    2013 Ford Focus ST

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I love it Pete - although I think I will need to get a case for it as well - the screen looks like it could get hit/damaged quite easily.

Have already bought a couple of books and am reading on it (got my glasses yesterday) - although Stav got a hold of it and bought a book too - might have to just get her one as well....

Thread Information