Go check out the C30 T5 R
    Click here to enlarge

FG F6 310 + Peri Peri = 406kw & 890Nm atw
    1/4 mile 11.7 @ 119 mph on factory 19" Dunlops 10/08/11 WSID

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went on Sunday. Fairly disappointing, no BMW, no Ferrari. For some reason, Mazda had their entire range of boring cars...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    Very true John, alot is based on reputation and a little bias, unfortunately as these newer model Renos really do have 'most' of the goods over their direct competition...
    I would defy anyone to search the forums worldwide for some reliability issues with the RS Clios for instance. The 197 model has been on the market for over 3 years now, the 200 is more than a year old now in Europe. Then go do the same excercise on Opel, Ford, BMW and what not and see what you get. My Clio was built and felt like an AK-47, meaning perfectly fit for purpose with minimum fuss. So, I'd say whoever bangs Renault Sport (don't care about Renault much myself) for reliability issues should check their facts before talking. Even in F1 Renault wins more accolades for reliability than most, ha ha!

Heh, you can tell I miss my little feisty bug... Replacement should be here by the end of the month though Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by dieselhead; 19th October 2010 at 08:43 PM.
    Renault SPORT Clio RS 200 Cup Trophee

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CORZZA Click here to enlarge
    I may be working then.

Go check out the C30 T5 R
    Will do Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dieselhead Click here to enlarge
    I would defy anyone to search the forums worldwide for some reliability issues with the RS Clios for instance. The 197 model has been on the market for over 3 years now, the 200 is more than a year old now in Europe. Then go do the same excercise on Opel, Ford, BMW and what not and see what you get. My Clio was built and felt like an AK-47, meaning perfectly fit for purpose with minimum fuss. So, I'd say whoever bangs Renault Sport (don't care about Renault much myself) for reliability issues should check their facts before talking. Even in F1 Renault wins more accolades for reliability than most, ha ha!

Heh, you can tell I miss my little feisty bug... Replacement should be here by the end of the month though Click here to enlarge
    Bang on Diesel, Reno have come a long way Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dieselhead Click here to enlarge

I'm only going by my research when I was cross shopping the 172 with my Astra Turbo.

The 172 had issues with the suspension strut and an engine component which made the engine go bang randomly. The 172 interior was atrocious which also faded quickly, the rubber on the steering wheel also wore very quickly and many were replaced under warranty- I can't see this improving with age.

I've seen the new 200 and they are certainly built better.

In terms of reliability with new french cars, it's like an Alfa, they may be much more reliable than in the past, but the stigma, and hence low resale value will retain- fairly or unfairly, that's the way it goes.

I suppose that good for me, if I wanted a 2 yo 200 or 250 trophee Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by JohnBu; 20th October 2010 at 09:51 AM.
    MY07 Golf GTI DSG
    Volvo XC60 T6
    Ex- 2003 Astra SRI Turbo

Thread Information