Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They (Ferrari) prob can't justify the cost vs benefits.

If you had the means to purchase a F458 and were in the market for that type of car, you'll prob go to the dealer and test drive one... I don't think not having one in the Motorshow wouldn't reduce sales when your waiting list is a few years.

People who buy new Ferraris are repeat buyers.. Generally speaking, first time Ferrari owners generally buy second hand because they 1- can't afford a new one, or 2, can't be bothered waiting years to be on the waiting list.

This doesn't apply in China, where the rich are mega rich, and would order one at the motor show because owning one is a sign of wealth.

Anyway, I haven't been to the motor show in years.. if I was looking at a car, I'd just go to the dealer and test drive one.
    Last edited by JohnBu; 13th October 2010 at 02:04 PM.
    MY07 Golf GTI DSG
    Volvo XC60 T6
    Ex- 2003 Astra SRI Turbo

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JohnBu Click here to enlarge
    They (Ferrari) prob can't justify the cost vs benefits.

If you had the means to purchase a F458 and were in the market for that type of car, you'll prob go to the dealer and test drive one... I don't think not having one in the Motorshow wouldn't reduce sales when your waiting list is a few years.

People who buy new Ferraris are repeat buyers.. Generally speaking, first time Ferrari owners generally buy second hand because they 1- can't afford a new one, or 2, can't be bothered waiting years to be on the waiting list.

This doesn't apply in China, where the rich are mega rich, and would order one at the motor show because owning one is a sign of wealth.

Anyway, I haven't been to the motor show in years.. if I was looking at a car, I'd just go to the dealer and test drive one.
    Agree with the above...

But as a generalisation I'd say most peeps are going for a good sticky nose just because we're car enthusiasts and want to see all the latest/greatest irrespective of buying them or not Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its good cause you can go to each brand see what they have to offer, see concept cars in the flesh and make judgements on them. like i personally enjoy looking at the ferraris there even though i cannot and probably will never be able to afford one. but as previously said the cost benefit for ferrari wouldnt be good. because it already has an established name, prestige etc shame they wont be there though. thats the best thing bout the motorshow, the fact that it has cars for every budget. one minute your looking at a hyundai getz/i20 and the next your eyeing an artwork.
    you can live in a car but cant race a house

Current: 1979 Chrysler Lancer Hatch & 2007 Holden ve Commodore SSV
    past: 2002 SRi Astra & 1985 Holden vk Berlina

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the megane 250 will be there - say no more

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Im going XD

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Houdini Click here to enlarge
    the megane 250 will be there - say no more
    woohoo great stuff, one of my favourite 'want to see' recent cars that and hopefully Alfa will show up with the new Giulietta...

Any appearance (even pics) of the new upcoming 135M Beemer would be nice too Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    woohoo great stuff, one of my favourite 'want to see' recent cars that and hopefully Alfa will show up with the new Giulietta...

Any appearance (even pics) of the new upcoming 135M Beemer would be nice too Click here to enlarge
    The Megane is a great looking car... especially in 'that' yellow. I honestly didn't think anything of it until I saw it in Paris. Interior's a bit so-so (the leather trimmed dash in the Gordini Clio Sport was much nicer), but the Recaros are insane - you can barely move in them, and they're set nice and low too

The Alfa Giulietta is a bit more main stream... would be interesting to see how many Golf Gti sales it might take. Like many Alfas the rear looks horn... front was ok-ish

The 135 M Sport was previewed in Paris, but not at the Motor Show... sneaky - http://www.caradvice.com.au/85989/bm...more-in-paris/
    2006 Subaru WRX

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    that 135M looks hot and its not even fully uncovered.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at some of the press today it looks like a pretty uneventful show this year with nothing really all that exciting. No show cars and nothing we didn't already know about.

I agree with the comments on the Renault Megene coupe. Looks awesome and looking at the side on shots, from the B pillar back it is pure AH Astra coupe....even the lights look similar. I love it!
    [IMG]Click here to enlarge[/IMG]

White MY13 Astra OPC

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mizled_SRi-T Click here to enlarge
    The Megane is a great looking car... especially in 'that' yellow. I honestly didn't think anything of it until I saw it in Paris. Interior's a bit so-so (the leather trimmed dash in the Gordini Clio Sport was much nicer), but the Recaros are insane - you can barely move in them, and they're set nice and low too

The Alfa Giulietta is a bit more main stream... would be interesting to see how many Golf Gti sales it might take. Like many Alfas the rear looks horn... front was ok-ish

The 135 M Sport was previewed in Paris, but not at the Motor Show... sneaky - http://www.caradvice.com.au/85989/bm...more-in-paris/
    Thanks heaps for the link Miz Click here to enlarge

135M breaking cover - WOW Click here to enlarge !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been waiting to see this thing since it was 1st announced ages ago, agree with ICE just from those sneak pics it definitely is going to look HOT and have the performance and kit to match !

Pumped guards with wider track, far better front and rear end fender treatment, better rear view mirrors, quads, M specific bespoke interior, LSD ediff, 7spd DCT, at least 250kw/500nm and 'around' 0-100km/h in 4.5sec with so much more potential...aaarrrrrgggghhhhh I'm wetting my pants Click here to enlarge

No surprise either the RS 250 Megane looks hot always loved this thing too, if it's good in pics it's usually better in real life Click here to enlarge

Spewing the new Alfa Giulietta might be a no show in Sydney would've loved to eyeball it too in the metal...

Now I'm hanging out to see a white 135M in the metal Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information