Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    $128k for a commodore

pass
    Last edited by poita; 9th October 2010 at 01:32 PM.
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firstly congrats Click here to enlarge

The lancers (sedan) this year are huge, the Evo would fit performance and size along with safety - 5 Stars with airbags I didnt even know existed! The Evo also eats the WRX STI!

WRX variants - very very cramped Im 6"1' and in mums I touch the roof if I sit in the back. Overall not a very nice drive either

R36 - This would be my vote. Heaps of room, very good build quality and more than enough power. A car review was done between the R36 and top of the range AMG C class and it ended with the R36 being picked the best out of the two. I was lucky enough to get driven in a Golf R today and all I can say is F%$# me its fast! (chipped so its now pushing 0-100 in under 4.4 sec's)!

The commodores are alittle cheap in the interior. Having come from a Audi TT to our SSv it was very very nasty! (And stuff that 128k version!)

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge
    nice

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Houdini now I know they have slackened up on the L plater laws but mate, you should know by now cars have 4 wheels not two..... :P

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm liking the C63 john.
    Click here to enlarge

AWAITING NEW ASTRA J VXR TO COME OUT IN OZ!!!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I got a red manual SSV sportwagon as our family truckster and from our experience it us the most practical car. I can drag off most cars at the lights but carry a bugaboo with ease and be a mobile change table for those number twos when out and about! I cannot speak more highly of it!
    [IMG]Click here to enlarge[/IMG]

White MY13 Astra OPC

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Saab 9-3 Aero Sport combi? (Wagon) Love the look of them for some reason, won't appeal to many people though. Closest thing you'll get to an Insignia OPC wagon at the moment Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by ChrisMaz; 10th October 2010 at 10:29 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors, M-Tech Shifter

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So We Are Having a Baby, Suggest a Family Car

I like em to chris Click here to enlarge and the new shape we ain't got here yet is drop dead awesome for a Saab
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant TheOperator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poita no twin sister sorry, 2 younger sisters however but between me (i'm 6'6) and their brother (over 6') we are a bit protective ha ha Click here to enlarge

Mrbe thanks for the advice on cargo barriers, it is something i had already thought of and would have for sure!

As for lifecycle of R36 i think it is coming towards the end as this shape has been out at least 4 years now.

That HDT version is not bad, but for 128K i would just fork out the extra and get the c63 i want anyway Click here to enlarge

Liam thanks. Not that fussed on the Ralliart and Evo i just don't quite see as doing the family duties real well (i.e i see it would become a club day car).

R36 you suggested didn't impress me greatly, sure it is nice build quality and goes reasonably well but i can't get past the price, to me it is about 20K over priced (i come from experience living in Europe and VW's are like Holdens back in Germany and it shits me they price it as a premium brand here and everything is a over priced option). My wife didn't mind it but thought the Golf Gti and R were better but aren't big enough Click here to enlarge

The new Series 2 interior of Commodore is a big improvement over old one also which astonished me as i know how bad they usually are!

Houdini that's the bike one grandparent bought. My parents have this on order:

Click here to enlarge

Milesy yeah starting to think along those lines now. We have a Bugaboo on order so good to hear it fits well Click here to enlarge

So basically after our weekend adventure it seems like a R8 Clubsport or R8 Tourer is top of the list and i heard some mutterings about all Walkinshaw upgrades minus the blower (she prefers a cam Click here to enlarge)

We did look again at the below but i think i talked sense into her and myself we are better off long term to wait 2 years:

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TheOperator Click here to enlarge
    Hey all

Have not posted on here for a while as life has been hectic with work and now the obvious from title of thread which we are thrilled about Click here to enlarge

Now we have a run about shopping trolley (08 Swift, better for those duties than new MPS we had) and the 09 Sri Turbo neither of which is really going to cut it as a family car with baby stuff and our puppy Samoyed which ends up large.

I am lucky to have access to most brands a good prices however i cannot for the life of me decide what we want / need Click here to enlarge

At the moment my wife is suggesting a new SSV Sportwagon or HSV Touring Wagon which i think i could live with however apart from my brief stint with the MPS i have always owned Euro's and prefer that side Click here to enlarge

Her only other suggestion was a AMG ML63 or a similar look ML series with AMG kit however i am reluctant to go this way as i'd rather the C63 and want another house first.

So please fire away with suggestions!!!
    1st off I agree with your thoughts on property vs vehicles - I've being doing the same hence having held off from much desired mega dollar car purchases in recent years, hopefully it'll all come good in the end Click here to enlarge

As for above, you couldn't possibly go wrong with either a Commo sedan or sagon or even a Falcon, they're both well sized for the job and excellent value for money...

A slightly smaller Mitsu Lancer sedan would also be a good choice, again excellent pricing (22-34k) depending on model and that awesome 10 year mechanical warranty...

In the end it all depends on your budget, if your wanting the best value for money overall I'd steer clear of the Euro vehicles, go Jap or local IMO Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information