0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

time to get some wheels

would these fit my 2003 vectra cdxi ???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/18-VAUXHALL-AS...ht_2060wt_1137

and what do you think of the pricee ?
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes

Price. Cheaper than what I paid for Shoddy Snowies.

In all honesty, what you should be asking, after the price of the rims. Is how much is it going to cost to get them to you. Also just noticed, The wheels don't come with rubber so take that into account also.

EDIT: On a C. I'd recommend more than a 1" upgrade from standard. I've got 19" rims and they still look small in the arches.
    Last edited by ChrisMaz; 13th September 2010 at 03:09 AM.
    Click here to enlarge

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors, M-Tech Shifter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive just sent a msg and asked about the postage...
    so you mean i should go for 19s ? but does these rims come in 19 ? and i thought it would be too heavy if i get 19s

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    VXR Replicas are deffo available in 19". I'm not saying Buy 19", go for whatever your budget allows. All i'm saying is veccy C arches are big, and 19" rims don't even fill them.

Too heavy how so? Shipping wise? If you go through, I think its parcelmoney.co.uk they do some very good wheels. Unfortunately I didn't hear about this site until I'd received my rims so I paid top dollar for freight via TNT (Which are absolute worthless D Bags from personal experience)
    Click here to enlarge

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors, M-Tech Shifter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean it might make the car too heavy..

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bigger wheels, will generally make the car heavier, as there's generally more solid material used in the wheels.... If you want lighter wheels, with a bigger width, you'll be paying TOP PREMIUM dollar. Unless you go for cheap dodgy replicas. Which essentially will be the same weight.

The ZC GTS is a big car, and Driving on 19's personally has had no effect of making the car slower or handling worse than it already does on the stock springs and stock rims. The 19" rims give a harsher ride, yes. But overall if you want a better handling CDXi then performance springs and shocks coupled with bigger rims and better tyres are the way to go.

All I can say. It handles a whole lot better than a commodore (HSV included), falcon, Mazda 6 AND 3, Aurion and marginally worse than a B5 A4.

The vectra is made as a safe, family cruiser. If you wish to thrash it as much as I do, you'll need new springs and new shocks, and trust me, it still won't handle like you want it too :P, yet FWD, its obviously going to under steer. But FWD isn't a bad thing. You know how its going to "kick" / "slide" / "Continue in a straight line" once it loses grip, and yet, it holds grip almost twice as much as a comparable RWD. My boat of a vectra destroys commodores of the same age and performance around a track purely because it can keep accept reasonable acceleration 3/4 of the way through a corner.
    Last edited by ChrisMaz; 13th September 2010 at 04:35 AM.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the guy said, arrenge your own delivery how do i do that _? im confused... http://www.parcelmonkey.co.uk/ these guys look cheap but dont know how to arrenge it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

time to get some wheels

Might be a question worth asking the seller and courier Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to buy 19 VXR's from UK but there was too much Hassle with shipping, ended up buying these instead.
    New rims.jpg
    Last edited by PS88; 13th September 2010 at 09:23 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    they 19"...they will look good !

Thread Information