Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Halo Reach + Buzz Aldrin - UTS Sydney

Anyone in Sydney get an invite to go to this event?

I will be there tomorrow night - should be pretty cool.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got back -

Buzz is classic - So funny and sharp as a tack.

He spoke about the progression of technology and how it is helping to pave the way to a new era in space exploration.

He also was plugging his new range of Nike Sneakers! - Yes thats right!

Also had a live tech demo of Xbox Kinect - Amazing bit of tech - I was sceptical about it - But now that I have had the chance to see it first hand, It is truly astounding what it is capable of!

2 of the staff from Bungie were on hand to give some info and also played a 10-15min demo from the main campaign - It is looking pretty cool.

They also had about 8 flatscreens setup at the end all linked and running varying modes of Firefight.

Microsoft also announced a partnership with the Make A Wish Foundation - They will be donating all proceeds from the sale of Halo Reach avatar related items in the Xbox Live marketplace after the games release.

Also shown was a limited edition Halo Reach wireless headset - Wich they will also donate $5 from each sale to Make A Wish.

This is a picture of a huge diorama - where you could drive a rc car around it to try for the best lap time!

Click here to enlarge

All in all , A very entertaining event and quite informative.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Halo Reach + Buzz Aldrin - UTS Sydney

Was Reach the Spartan recruits training planet? And was glassed? Was first book or was it the 3rd don't remember.. Good books but Click here to enlarge love the storyline
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    /nerdgasm
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant scaifeys2.2mk4's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im not 100% but reach was one of the first planets that the unsc terraformed to create colonies and used to train the spartans and odsts on and also farmed/mined a lot of it to send back food and titanium to earth, i think that they built some of the unsc ships there but im not really sure of that and it was glassed in the human covenant war just before the first game takes place
    THE tractor spec SRi - Not so tractory anymore, and not quite so stationary, is probably being flung through the hills.
    you dont need to be nice to stupid people, they dont usually understand- poita

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So is this game taking place as an ODST or a Spartan? Havent got a 360 anymore (might need to get it back Click here to enlarge) so havent looked into the game...

If its based around play by play of the book itd make for a really good game.. more so if you play as commander keyes and John's Training could be kinda cool for a tutorial level..

Sorry i am a bit of a Halo Nerd Click here to enlarge ahhaa
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant scaifeys2.2mk4's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am to, i believe you play as noble six, an as yet unidentified spartan that is most certainly not s117 but has been given the same highly lethal classification that only one other spartan has= s117
    THE tractor spec SRi - Not so tractory anymore, and not quite so stationary, is probably being flung through the hills.
    you dont need to be nice to stupid people, they dont usually understand- poita

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    back to reading my Halo : evolutions book Click here to enlarge hahah
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You play as a Spartan II. Same initiation as John 117. The rest of the team are Spartan III which have uprated armour and abilities.

See here for a massive Halo over-load Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors, M-Tech Shifter

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    i thought was a prologue to halo1?? there for spartan 3s shouldnt be around :S spartan2s were in experimental stages on Reach
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information