Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    OpelAus Forum Hierarchy Nurb608's Avatar
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CORZZA Click here to enlarge
    What power you pushing now mate?

I remember you were changing the cooler and the exhaust.
    174.5kw at the wheels but a few little more mods will hopefully get me up to the 300BHP at the fly very soon.
    Track Times: Phillip Island - 1:59.4027, Calder Park - 1:08.8142, Winton 3km - 1:40.7810, Sandown - 1:29.6000, Haunted Hills - 62.55, 1/4 Mile - 13.736

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still like it...Click here to enlarge

Lots of shaping happening there in the exterior design, that'll always divide opinion on the final look of the thing, you'll either like it or not...always best however to see new vehicles in the flesh (which we won't be able to with these anyway) as that usually gives a different impression in real life...

Alot of vehicles that don't look so good in pics seem to always look better in the metal Click here to enlarge

Power output seems about right, if not for anything else then just to be able to compete with the competition as those power levels are becoming the norm for 4 pot forced induction petrol motors these days...

Still the most important factor with all of this is the fact we here in Aust. can't have it or any Opel one way or another whether we like the thing of not...

Any new Opel would be better than any of the new Daewoo crap that's in the Holden showrooms...IMHO we'd be better off with the new Hyundais and Kias, they should rebadge them as Holdens !!! at least they're starting to look the part being designed by the same bloke/people who've done some the most recent Audis...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ Nurb608 thats pretty good. Must pull strong now?
    Click here to enlarge

FG F6 310 + Peri Peri = 406kw & 890Nm atw
    1/4 mile 11.7 @ 119 mph on factory 19" Dunlops 10/08/11 WSID

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

2010 VXR Astra!!!

I have to say when the cruze was first announced I bagged it out non stop.. But now I reccomend it to everyone.. Why?? Cause it's pretty well an Opel in disguse. Has an Opel petrol engine and sourced a few electrics too
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Hierarchy Nurb608's Avatar
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    Alot of vehicles that don't look so good in pics seem to always look better in the metal Click here to enlarge
    yeah, was like that for the E2 HSV, the pics looked terrible but I actually like them in the flesh.

@ Nurb608 thats pretty good. Must pull strong now?

Yeah, it's not to bad at all, surprises a few people on track days.
    Track Times: Phillip Island - 1:59.4027, Calder Park - 1:08.8142, Winton 3km - 1:40.7810, Sandown - 1:29.6000, Haunted Hills - 62.55, 1/4 Mile - 13.736

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ jimbow86 The focus RS has 224kw & 440nm and is a front wheel drive. It handles that power very well. all because of a clever little Quaife differential to distribute torque to the driving wheels.

The astra will be able to handle 300bhp as it will feature something similar
    ah ok.....**googles "Quaife Differential**

Any new Opel would be better than any of the new Daewoo crap that's in the Holden showrooms...IMHO we'd be better off with the new Hyundais and Kias, they should rebadge them as Holdens !!! at least they're starting to look the part being designed by the same bloke/people who've done some the most recent Audis...
    I must admit, I do like the look of the burnt orange Kia Cerato parked out the front of my place. The Kia 4WD's have gone to buggery tho.
    Old Car 0-100km/h took a friggin long time
    New Car 0-100km/h takes only 5.9sec

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmonkey Click here to enlarge
    I have to say when the cruze was first announced I bagged it out non stop.. But now I reccomend it to everyone.. Why?? Cause it's pretty well an Opel in disguse. Has an Opel petrol engine and sourced a few electrics too
    That's only due to GM saving them from oblivion nearly a decade and a half ago and these days being able to access some of the groups parts bin...fact remains that although with GM and GMH influence they've picked up their act in order to be able to compete successfully with Opels replaced by the GM group, they are still bottom of the pile of the Korean brands...Hyundais and Kias are actually better o/a and cost the same or less than GMH's re-badged Daewoos...

I must admit, I do like the look of the burnt orange Kia Cerato parked out the front of my place. The Kia 4WD's have gone to buggery tho.
    The 'Koupe' variant looks 10x better than the Cerato...

As mentioned they're been modelled/styled by the same person who's done the most recent Audis, hence the strong resemblence to the A5 in this case...

And how about the new Kia Sportage ?? definitely hasn't gone to buggery IMO...again has got a very pronounced Audi (and VW SUV) look about it and even has LED DRL's...nice ! Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 'Koupe' variant looks 10x better than the Cerato...

As mentioned they're been modelled/styled by the same person who's done the most recent Audis, hence the strong resemblence to the A5 in this case...

And how about the new Kia Sportage ?? definitely hasn't gone to buggery IMO...again has got a very pronounced Audi (and VW SUV) look about it and even has LED DRL's...nice ! Click here to enlarge
    Yeah sorry, that's the Cerato I meant......I can't like the new look Sportage but the Sorrento gets my vote....apart from being a splitting image of a Toyota Landcruiser from the back it still looks the part.
    Last edited by JMZ; 18th August 2010 at 05:23 PM.
    Old Car 0-100km/h took a friggin long time
    New Car 0-100km/h takes only 5.9sec

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmonkey Click here to enlarge
    Not fan of the door an very lancer sporthatch looking in that pic..
    100% agreed mate.
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information