Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

**SPOILER** Inception - Theories, questions and discussion

Having seen the movie Inception on Sunday, I thought some of you might like the opportunity to throw around a few theories you might have.

I'll kick off shall I?

In Level 3 of the dream, the 'Imagination' bloke who eventually blows up the snow base, he falls over the railing while fighting some other dude but doesn't trigger a 'kick'. Why not? It doesn't have to be triggered by someone in the above level becuse the architect (Ellen Page) kicks herself out of level 4 by falling out of the building......

thoughts anyone?
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    Old Car 0-100km/h took a friggin long time
    New Car 0-100km/h takes only 5.9sec

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    it wasnt about falling, they had to die in the dream, ellen page fell to her death in the dream, triggering the kick

i think Click here to enlarge
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The kick has to be to a certain extent though, like, whilst in the lift when arthur sets the explosives they first hit the top of the lift, so i guess that kick wasn't of high enough magnitude, whereas the architect jumped out of the 20th storey of a building. I mean obviously there has to be a certain level, else just walking could trigger it. Also the architect jumped into water/rain...so that would have helped. Plus the architect killed herself in limbo, that's how she got back, same as mal and cobb killed themselves with the train, and eventually saito kills himself (you don't see it) to get back to being on the plane.

To make the ending clearer to those who didn't quite understand how he could still possibly be dreaming.
    In the room underneath the chemists place where he has the 12 people hooked up to the one machine, cobb tests the sedative, where he has an intimate dream with mal, i think it's the dream where they get run over by the train, and then you see him wake up, he rushes to the sink to wash his face and spin his totem as he thinks he sees Mal through the curtains on the other side. As he goes to spin the totem on the sink, Saito comes up behind him and interupts him and the totem just falls onto the ground, falling over. So basically cobb never gets confirmation that he actually woke up. The whole rest of the movie could have occured whilst cobb was asleep in the chemist's basement...something to ponder over eh? Click here to enlarge

PS i went and saw the movie a second time just to pick up on this point lol
    Last edited by sooty; 3rd August 2010 at 08:27 PM.
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

In the future, in the past, somewhere ......
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the height of the fall has to be taken into account. Not just a jump off a railing or else they would be kicked everytime they slipped on a banana. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    "oooh Simon gets a turbo, this could be dangerous!" Mr Cali
    13 Opel Astra Select 1.6 [Mrs] |13 Golf GTi [Speedster] | 81 DMC [Cruiser] | 79 Lancia Beta Spyder [Resto]

In the future, in the past, somewhere ......
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    U beat me to it Sooty! *LOL*

Click here to enlarge
    "oooh Simon gets a turbo, this could be dangerous!" Mr Cali
    13 Opel Astra Select 1.6 [Mrs] |13 Golf GTi [Speedster] | 81 DMC [Cruiser] | 79 Lancia Beta Spyder [Resto]

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    remember when they were testing the strength of the sedative? they were pushing each other off their chairs to test how strong it was werent they?

otherwise they would have been rooted when the van came off the bridge...
    Last edited by hazrd; 3rd August 2010 at 08:26 PM.
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hazrd Click here to enlarge
    remember when they were testing the strength of the sedative? they were pushing each other off their chairs to test how strong it was werent they?...
    Exactly, falling off a chair is enough of a kick but not falling over a railing a few meters into snow?
    Old Car 0-100km/h took a friggin long time
    New Car 0-100km/h takes only 5.9sec

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jimbow86 Click here to enlarge
    Exactly, falling off a chair is enough of a kick but not falling over a railing a few meters into snow?
    that's 3 layers up though. who knows the dependence of kicks on level. Also in that kick they were asleep, and woke up due to the kick in the level above (reality), for that fall to have woken him up, first he would have had to have been asleep in the next level which they never reached unless you call limbo that next level, and he was never there.
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information