Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

iPod n00b question

Just bought an iPod from a mate, has 1300 songs on it.

Now from what ive heard, if i connect the iPod to my pc/iTunes, it will automatically clear what is on the iPod because its not the original iTunes it was on...

Is there any way of avoiding this cos i want to keep the music as well as add some more of my music onto it??
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

iPod n00b question

Where the songs he has on their purchased off iTunes or just downloaded elsewhere and transfered on.. I've never heard of it clearing stuff.. I've plugged my iPhone up to mates comp and it didn't
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    not too sure to be honest, but what i heard is its not an issue to connect it to the computer but once i want to put songs on the ipod from my computer, it tries to resync the ipod and when it doesnt recognise the old itunes from the other computer then it automatically clears the music from the ipod.

did you copy music from your mates itunes to your iphone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can plug it in but as soon as you try to add more it will erase the music and stuff for copyright purposes... Damn iTunes. There is software out there that can get the music off it so you can save it to your computer then sync it. Did that with my girlfriends iPod. Forget what the software is called tho... Just google something like "get music off and iPod without iTunes"

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iPod n00b question

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jason B
    You can plug it in but as soon as you try to add more it will erase the music and stuff for copyright purposes... Damn iTunes. There is software out there that can get the music off it so you can save it to your computer then sync it. Did that with my girlfriends iPod. Forget what the software is called tho... Just google something like "get music off and iPod without iTunes"
    In iTunes under summary I have clicked manage my own music, no more syncing, I can add and remove the songs I want, not what iTunes thinks. This is on my iPhone tho I assume it wouldn't be much difference
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1202

when you connect the ipod to a new computer, it syncs with the music that is on the computer, hence losing all the songs already on there. look at the link to manually sync with itunes, therefore not losing your songs.

if you dont trust itunes, you can back it up, open my computer, look for the ipod, open it up, view hidden files, all of the songs will be in there in hidden files (the folders are bizare names, like F24, open a hidden folder up and try to open a file, if its a song, it will play). copy all of the songs to your computer. see linky http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messa...79/138629.html
    Last edited by 2002_XC; 24th July 2010 at 02:50 PM.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    "well rory and adz held me down, nuggz grabbed the vaccuum cleaner, while guy was taping it all.

pj was taking photos but they wont be seen for 12mths and steve was in the corner playing with himself"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use Ephpod

http://www.ephpod.com/

It's Free

It will allow you to add and remove files on any ipod without using itunes.

You can do more advanced things to itunes so that you can sync an ipod with multiple systems - But it's quite tricky and requires some pretty heavy editing.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks alot for the assistance guys and girl =)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MAD-16V Click here to enlarge
    Use Ephpod

http://www.ephpod.com/

It's Free

It will allow you to add and remove files on any ipod without using itunes.

You can do more advanced things to itunes so that you can sync an ipod with multiple systems - But it's quite tricky and requires some pretty heavy editing.
    ended up downloading this program, seems to work sweet, got two iPods on me at the moment so will try copy music off both, cheers for the recommendation!!

In the future, in the past, somewhere ......
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Click here to enlarge
    "oooh Simon gets a turbo, this could be dangerous!" Mr Cali
    13 Opel Astra Select 1.6 [Mrs] |13 Golf GTi [Speedster] | 81 DMC [Cruiser] | 79 Lancia Beta Spyder [Resto]

Thread Information