Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    same here, mine has only been broken due to either me dicking around with it, or someone else's incompitence

not due to mechanical/electrical failure
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    same here, mine has only been broken due to calibra destroying gremlins

they like timing belts and i swear i had a sunroof at one point those bastards...

corrected Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmonkey Click here to enlarge
    corrected Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    my 2.2 has been extremely reliable and i am sure power for most drivers is more than sufficiant, fuel economy is brilliant, standard features are great.
    Downsides:
    If its near the 100k km mark then expect for fork out for chain replacement or make sure its been done if its past that mark.
    Insurance is alot more on the SRi than on a golf due to being a "sports" model.
    The G is starting to look a bit dated compared to the same year model golf.

My final choices were between a 3dr Golf and the Astra when i was looking a few years back. The astra won on looks but the golf would of been the safe choice had i of had no mechanical experiance.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guy 27 Click here to enlarge
    my 2.2 has been extremely reliable and i am sure power for most drivers is more than sufficiant, fuel economy is brilliant, standard features are great.
    Downsides:
    If its near the 100k km mark then expect for fork out for chain replacement or make sure its been done if its past that mark.
    Insurance is alot more on the SRi than on a golf due to being a "sports" model.
    The G is starting to look a bit dated compared to the same year model golf.

My final choices were between a 3dr Golf and the Astra when i was looking a few years back. The astra won on looks but the golf would of been the safe choice had i of had no mechanical experiance.
    you get brilliant economy ? my sister's 2.2 would get her maybe to 400 dead empty and with her driving.....I wouldnt even get to 350

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Talking Friends into an Opel

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ice Click here to enlarge
    you get brilliant economy ? my sister's 2.2 would get her maybe to 400 dead empty and with her driving.....I wouldnt even get to 350
    Melbourne I average 500km a tank city driving
    Brisbane is around 600km a tank and both of those are me flogging the car around. Highway has seen over 1000km a tank several times. Always on 98 octane fuel.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brisbane is around 600km a tank and both of those are me flogging the car around. Highway has seen over 1000km a tank several times. Always on 98 octane fuel.
    never got 1000km a tank with mine on the highway, but would always get over 700km/tank
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    guy ? If i go highway......and only highway ill just get 1000 and thats averaging 4.8L/100km thats with a 52 tank and Diesel....you need to re-check your figures me thinks !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Owned my 2.2 since new in 04 when I drove it out of the showroom with Auto, met paint, 17'"Turbo wheels & tint for $31,498.

In 84,000 country klm and regular 15.000k book servicing all Ive replaced is 2 Tail globes, 2 Batteries (one at 40k, one recently) and a heap of 17" tyres.

Tested the fuel economy on a trip from south coast to Perth and back last week and got 6.7 & 7.6 l/100km on 98 ron fuel (and I sat on 110/120kph).

The engine lopes along effortlessly at 2500rpm and I'm never going to do pointless mods like 'de restricting etc.

Interestingly different economy figures are quoted for year models listed here-

http://www.carsales.com.au/car-resea...13646DC&Nne=15

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aquick look on carsguide shows values all over 10k for that model.

I'd hate to sell mine to a 17yo for $8k as a first car lol.

get em a beat up 90's Hyundy till they work out whet they really want. hehe.

Thread Information