Thread: Xc sri....

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Theo Click here to enlarge
    I'm actually looking at this one:-

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...tt=sri&trecs=2

I'm looking at selling/trading in my VY Commodore for it.
    For that price youre scraping Astra SRi-T territory...
    BroTek Performance Pty Ltd

Current:
    2003 Astra SRi Turbo & 2004 Barina SXi
    Ex's: 2001 Astra CD & 2001 Astra SRi 2.2, plus a long list of non Opels...

OpelAus Forum Regular PrincessPeachey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been past that a few times and wanted to have a look at it but just haven't had the time. If you're actually in Adelaide (ie, you're not buying from interstate), that SRi is at a yard on North East Rd in Holden Hill, just near Officeworks/Autobarn.

As mentioned, that is kinda SRi-T terrority, there's a black TS SRi-T in a car yard on McIntyre Rd just before you get to Peter Kittles (between Bridge & Main North). That's been sitting there for a while too.
    Last edited by PrincessPeachey; 14th July 2010 at 03:49 PM.
    2007 Astra CDTi
    2002 Corsa SRi

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Taffy Click here to enlarge
    Mine was 04.5 facelift and it had the old 2020 stereo (non MP3) hmmmm
    I was exact same
    2006 Subaru WRX

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PrincessPeachey Click here to enlarge
    Been past that a few times and wanted to have a look at it but just haven't had the time. If you're actually in Adelaide (ie, you're buying from interstate), that SRi is at a yard on North East Rd in Holden Hill, just near Officeworks/Autobarn.

As mentioned, that is kinda SRi-T terrority, there's a black TS SRi-T in a car yard on McIntyre Rd just before you get to Peter Kittles (between Bridge & Main North). That's been sitting there for a while too.
    Yeah in Radelaide...I live in Campbelltown, so I around the corner from Holden Hill and not that far from Peter Kittles.
    Thanks for the heads up.

the only problem going Astra SRi-T is that the Km's are higher...little concern about that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Taffy Click here to enlarge
    Maybe Canbus came in for the 2005 models? Mine was 04.5 facelift and it had the old 2020 stereo (non MP3) hmmmm
    it was said earlier but 04 has canbus, but the stereo wasnt changed till 05 Click here to enlarge.

and i prefer the prefacelift body kit, more aggresive Click here to enlarge.
    prefacelift is also easier to get more out of Click here to enlarge.
    '04 Sri-T Z23LET - latest stages underway - Slowly - Even slower - $5K over budget :-/
    **Qld** Astra TS Turbo Tuner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taffy's made a good list of things to look for. apart from the normal things to check for when buying a car, i'll add

- look for red coolant weeping from the thermostat housing. it's not a big deal at all to fix but it's pretty common.
    - if the steering pulls to one side at low speeds, it's not a wheel alignment issue and could possibly be an electric power steering problem (as was the case with mine). expensive to fix, fortunately i think it's a very rare failure.

other than that, anything else wrong with it should be pretty obvious (ie. a check engine light, and/or the engine sounding lumpy).

definitely go for the SRi over the XC if you are a keen driver! Click here to enlarge

also you may be able to get a better price than that at private sale - if you are game enough not to buy from a dealer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PrincessPeachey Click here to enlarge
    With the traction control - you can actually turn this off on the pre-facelifts, but you also lose your ABS. If anything my braking IMPROVED once I disabled the traction control. But the t/c on the pre-facelifts is a right pain, light starts flashing when you change into second, and its almost constantly on in the wet..
    how do you turn off the T/C mate?

T/C on while changing to second...hmmm. perhaps just better tyres are in order? the T/C almost never activates on my car, including full throttle in first in the wet Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by lithium; 14th July 2010 at 02:40 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    u can turn traction control off with opcom

there a few different settings for it, i disabled one on pauly's and its given him alot more give
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 2002_XC Click here to enlarge
    starfish bed hog Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We tried to turn the t/c off with the opcom, thing just took forever so we gave up.

Remove fuse 50, this is your t/c & abs fuse. These lights will be on your dash until you put the fuse back in, and also throw up a few fault codes naturally.

In regards to the t/c light coming on into second, I don't think it's my tyres, I had a really good set on the front before on my 16"s and they still did it.. And on my 15"s. Maybe it's just the way I drive the thing??? IDK. But it definitely has trouble keeping traction in the wet if you're taking off, like to cross a road or turn right, etc, so maybe... It's all too difficult!!
    2007 Astra CDTi
    2002 Corsa SRi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Theo Click here to enlarge
    Yeah in Radelaide...I live in Campbelltown, so I around the corner from Holden Hill and not that far from Peter Kittles.
    Thanks for the heads up.

the only problem going Astra SRi-T is that the Km's are higher...little concern about that.
    Ahh, you're not far from me either, I'm near Modbury.. if you get an SRi we'll have to have a mini-meet!!
    2007 Astra CDTi
    2002 Corsa SRi

Thread Information