Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OpelAus Participant Vectramatic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JohnBu Click here to enlarge
    looks like they didn't replace the parts that needed to repair it correctly.

I can't comment on the paint/alignment as it's hard to tell from a photo, but underneath, it looks dodgy.. show your insurance company this.
    Hi JohnBu

Thanks for your reply, that's exactly what is happening tomorrow morning. The assessor has agreed to meet me on site. He also said that he did not look under the bumper and therefore did not see this particular broken part - at least he is honest.....

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad insurance repair & request for help

Sorry I have not up loaded the high res pics, I have been working alot and haven't had a chance to jump on the computer at home. Sounds like your getting it all sorted now.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrissn89 Click here to enlarge
    Sorry I have not up loaded the high res pics, I have been working alot and haven't had a chance to jump on the computer at home. Sounds like your getting it all sorted now.
    Chris that's fine, I have the process underway. They still won't put on a new bumper and insist on repairing this one.....I will get it back tomorrow with any luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to everybody for your participation in this thread. After another failed repair attempt, the insurance company have finally decided to replace the bumper cover. Not at all a cheap exercise for them, bar alone is $950 (P/N 09118644, comes pre-primed). They have had the 3 days now, should get it back on Tuesday.

Will post pics

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    insurance companies are such a headache to deal with. The only time insurance is really any good is when your car is a total write off otherwise you're better off paying for it yourself and getting a decent job done the first time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes perhaps you're right. I was almost going to have a crack at it myself. I'll reserve my final opinion (about the panel beater / insurance co) until I get it back, hopefully tomorrow afternoon!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got it back today.....

Hi all

Got it back today, new bumper looks great. However I am curious about something......

I drove out of the panel beater's noticing that the air conditioning was not longer cold. I decided to drive straight to the auto electrician to get it checked out. The end result was that it was low on gas and needed a re-charge, which cost $110. They checked everywhere but couldn't see a leak (using the dye test).

There was no issue with the air-conditioner when I dropped it off (I use it all the time).

Spite or co-incidence?

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectramatic Click here to enlarge
    Spite or co-incidence?
    co-incidence. panel shop wouldn't care about the extra work as they will just invoice the insurance company for the additional labour.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    of course they care. Panel shop can't just invoice the insurance company cos car is going through the assessment and after the assessment if anything else is broken they need to call insurance company for another assessment. I was going through the same thing it took repair almost 3 months before my car was fixed properly! Unlucky I'm with AAMI.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are you sure right? cos guy has done repairs for insurance companies...

Thread Information