Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OpelAus Participant Vectramatic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad insurance repair & request for help

Hi everyone

I got my car back on Thursday morning from the repairer. The pictures posted below speak for themselves. The insurance assessor and the manager of the body shop insist that this is the best they could do and is supposedly an 'acceptable' repair. The assessor approved the repair as satisfactory (the day prior to my collecting the car).

Please comment on what you see.

I would be immensly grateful to anyone who could post photos of the back of their Vectra Hatch (particularly if it's silver) so that I can print them off and hand them to this incompetant repairer as a reference of what the car should look like when correctly assembled. I am particularly after pictures of the gaps and joins in the bumper/guards, and the edge of the tail lights where they meet the back bumper

Thanks in advance all
    - Blake

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

=
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TBH mate, looks fine, same as mine and AFAIK mines never had a hit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shay Click here to enlarge
    Hi Shay thanks for the reply mate. Definitely is not fine, photos don't do justice. One side looks different to the other, it never used to be that way.

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Take it back and tell them to fix it. If they refuse get a couple of quotes from other repairers and send them to your insurance company stating that you want the amount paid to get the work fixed within 30 days or you will seek legal action. if they refuse take the matter to small claims court.

That workmanship is not on. Colour match is out and the refitment of items is very poor.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shay Click here to enlarge
    Im with Shay on this one, from memory looks smilar to my old girl. Ill try and find the big versons of these pics tonight. I might be wrong tho, will have to wait and see if i can find large pics.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guy 27 Click here to enlarge
    Take it back and tell them to fix it. If they refuse get a couple of quotes from other repairers and send them to your insurance company stating that you want the amount paid to get the work fixed within 30 days or you will seek legal action. if they refuse take the matter to small claims court.

That workmanship is not on. Colour match is out and the refitment of items is very poor.
    Thanks Guy

They will be taking it in for a day on Wednesday after 'agreeing' to rectify the defects. Our house and both cars are insured with this insurer, so they have a lot to lose in not doing the right thing. Actually the colour match was one thing I was happy with, maybe the flash is affecting the pictures. This panel shop is capable of much better work, I just wish they had given me the option of contributing to the cost of the repairs in order to get it right. In other words it has been done to a price.

But really how can it work? The assessor supposedy tells the bidding panel shops what the job is worth before they even see it? When I re-insure I'll be paying closer attention to this. I think it is better to go around and get quotes, and then take it to the assessment centre. That way you have more control.

Honestly, I don't think it will take much to fix this....I just hope they make the effort.

Im with Shay on this one, from memory looks smilar to my old girl. Ill try and find the big versons of these pics tonight. I might be wrong tho, will have to wait and see if i can find large pics.
    Chris, thank you for taking the time to add those pictures. It will be very helpful.
    Can you remember if the bottom of the tail light lens is supposed to line up with the lip on the top of the bumper? I can't remember now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More pics

I got a shock when I looked under the car this morning to see this:

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Vectramatic; 6th June 2010 at 07:59 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Vectramatic,

Pic 8 of 18 (the tail light). I've checked mine and it's the same as yours, ie. not flush with the bumper. The bumper protrudes about 5mm further than the light, so that one looks Ok to me.

Not so sure about the others though, some of those gaps are pretty big but then again it might be classed as 'satisfactory' to your insurance company depending on who they are...maybe check the exact wording on the product disclosure statement.

Who are you insured with?
    Last edited by Taffy; 6th June 2010 at 09:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Taffy Click here to enlarge
    Hi Vectramatic,

Pic 8 of 18 (the tail light). I've checked mine and it's the same as yours, ie. not flush with the bumper. The bumper protrudes about 5mm further than the light, so that one looks Ok to me.

Not so sure about the others though, some of those gaps are pretty big but then again it might be classed as 'satisfactory' to your insurance company depending on who they are...maybe check the exact wording on the product disclosure statement. Who are you insured with?
    Thanks Taffy, that clears that aspect up. I'm not sure if I can say the name of the insurance company here without getting into trouble... Thanks again !!
    Last edited by Vectramatic; 6th June 2010 at 07:55 PM.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectramatic Click here to enlarge
    I got a shock when I looked under the car this morning to see this:

Click here to enlarge
    looks like they didn't replace the parts that needed to repair it correctly.

I can't comment on the paint/alignment as it's hard to tell from a photo, but underneath, it looks dodgy.. show your insurance company this.
    MY07 Golf GTI DSG
    Volvo XC60 T6
    Ex- 2003 Astra SRI Turbo

Thread Information