Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hazrd Click here to enlarge
    370z much
    In my eyes this one's totally different to the 370Z or even the 350Z - much nicer looking than the Nissan IMO.

Plus the interior is way more advanced too, ie. if it stays close to the concept/prototype vehicles we're seeing ATM.

If Peugoet can do it with the RCZ surely Toyota can !!! Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Neeko Click here to enlarge
    The FT-86 WILL be coming to Australia in 2012 with the 2.5l Turbo Boxer engine my car has.
    Released in Japan at the end of 2011.

Toyota's next big move after the FJ Cruiser
    One would hope it is based on the NEW boxer engines not the one currently used which is a petrol guzzler.

I have read reports from US mags that seems to suggest that the price of the FT86 is steadily increasing and it when it reaches the market it will not be the affordable coupe it was initially designed to be.

PS: The FJ Cruiser is O L D. The USA has had them since 2007 (saw one in Aspen in Jan 2007). Like the Rukus, it will not change the way we think of Toyota or sell in large numbers.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    One would hope it is based on the NEW boxer engines not the one currently used which is a petrol guzzler.

I have read reports from US mags that seems to suggest that the price of the FT86 is steadily increasing and it when it reaches the market it will not be the affordable coupe it was initially designed to be.

PS: The FJ Cruiser is O L D. The USA has had them since 2007 (saw one in Aspen in Jan 2007). Like the Rukus, it will not change the way we think of Toyota or sell in large numbers.
    all depends on how its driven, I average 7.4l/100km on my way to work.

The Rukus or FJ cruiser aren't meant for big numbers. I can't think of the term but they are only brought out for a specific market to change things up. Our dealership only sold 2 Rukus's in 2010. Expecting a few more sales from the FJ cruiser here though when it arrives in 69 days.
    Last edited by Neeko; 5th January 2011 at 03:31 PM.
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX | Forged Build | Build Thread
    Forged Build 12.23s @ 182km/h& The Run

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Regular 01CDsedan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's hard to see how they will be able to keep the bonnet line that low and still meet pedestrian protection regs, especially if they're not going to put the boxer engine in it anymore.

I'm torn about this car on the whole. On the one hand, I would like to see an affordable RWD coupe on the market again and this might be just the ticket (even if I'm not totally convinced by the styling, and I have some reservations about the Toyota badge given its fleet/pensioner/Camry implications). But on the other hand, I'm worried about being totally let down when it finally arrives in Australia $10k overpriced and with a 2.4 litre four hooked up to a four speed auto.

If this had been, say, a new Nissan Silvia project then I'd be excited without reservation. I don't want to get too excited about a Toyota product until they actually deliver. Too many years of seeing Toyota marketing spin about how their latest model has great performance and handling only to find it's the same old whitegoods when you read the reviews...

I suppose there's always the Subaru version Click here to enlarge
    Currently: no Opels
    Formerly: 2001 Astra CD sedan, 2003 Vectra CDX

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Neeko Click here to enlarge
    all depends on how its driven, I average 7.4l/100km on my way to work.
    Do you push your STI to work? Click here to enlarge The best official economy is 8.4L/100km on the unrealistic extra-urban cycle. Combined cycle is 10.5l/100km. Urban is 14L/100km.

The other point people are getting confused with is the term "affordable". The FT86/086A will not be cheap. That's why they are looking at installing more powerful engines. People wont buy it otherwise.

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    its a WRX, not STi Click here to enlarge
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    Do you push your STI to work? Click here to enlarge The best official economy is 8.4L/100km on the unrealistic extra-urban cycle. Combined cycle is 10.5l/100km. Urban is 14L/100km.

The other point people are getting confused with is the term "affordable". The FT86/086A will not be cheap. That's why they are looking at installing more powerful engines. People wont buy it otherwise.
    I average 9.6l/100km driving 300km a week through both peak hours 5 days a week.
    Nico lives in Boonah and practically has highways to work. At 100km/h my EJ25 only uses mid 6's so his figures are pretty much as expected.

On topic, I was just talking the other day to a mate about how this segment of cars doesn't exist anymore. The cheap rwd 'sport' car. So would be good to see the market return Click here to enlarge
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys seem to be getting very good economy from your Sube 2.5ltr turbo boxers...

Are you all measuring 'actual' usage or just going by what the trip computer tells you ?? most trip meters in all cars are out and show less than what's actually used...

Agree with rj, those numbers are very optimistic unless of course your spending most of the time with a light foot on the loud pedal Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    You guys seem to be getting very good economy from your Sube 2.5ltr turbo boxers...

Are you all measuring 'actual' usage or just going by what the trip computer tells you ?? most trip meters in all cars are out and show less than what's actually used...

Agree with rj, those numbers are very optimistic unless of course your spending most of the time with a light foot on the loud pedal Click here to enlarge
    Measured at the pump. It's only acceleration that monsters the fuel, so as long as you're not launching between sets of traffic lights I find it hard to see how you could average more than 10L/100km
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sooty Click here to enlarge

On topic, I was just talking the other day to a mate about how this segment of cars doesn't exist anymore. The cheap rwd 'sport' car. So would be good to see the market return Click here to enlarge
    On that topic, the king of RWD vehicles - BMW - will actually be going the reverse way in future and loose most of its RWD range to FWD !!!! sacrilege.......
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information