0 Thread(s)
    nah, the nurb wasnt even that much afaik
    Glider aka Toby, 94 Calibra Turbo
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VXR's when 1st released sold for circa $46,800 drive away - here in Melb. not sure about other states...

Later on with the slowing down of initial interest/sales, the 2nd batch were going for anywhere around 42-44k drive away...

Then in the end with the occurance of the GFC the last ones left over including the Nurbs could be had for under 40k drive away...I saw many of the last ones going for 37-39k drive away !!!

The above prices were for outright purchases, those who bought with loans etc. especially the 1st batch could've or will have indeed paid well over 50k for their VXR...OUCH !!!
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Hierarchy Nurb608's Avatar
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can't really compare it to the vxr's though. This thing is a sports car, not a hot hatch. Also with atleast an $8k price difference going on BEK's revised pricing. Even with 10hp less than the VXR, it will probably be 150KG's lighter so no difference really in that respect. Bloody thing does look really nice though, except for those seats!
    Track Times: Phillip Island - 1:59.4027, Calder Park - 1:08.8142, Winton 3km - 1:40.7810, Sandown - 1:29.6000, Haunted Hills - 62.55, 1/4 Mile - 13.736

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Itd be nice to see those carbon bits reach production, diffuser, half handles, wing mirror and interior bits all into a 50k production car - cant see it myself but it sure would be nice!

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great basic shape.. the styling will change, but when the basic is so good, even Toyota can't stuff it up.

Should be good when it comes out, hope the Australian model gets the good stuff, i.e. engine, brakes, suspension.

My only concern is the price, hope they can keep it at around the $40k level. The last celica's were horrendously expensive for what you got.
    MY07 Golf GTI DSG
    Volvo XC60 T6
    Ex- 2003 Astra SRI Turbo

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    theyve scraped the boxer engine... all i have to say is YAY!!!! Click here to enlarge

also this

Another unexpected turn of events will leave the FT-86 aimed at the target age group of people in their 40s as opposed to the 30s scene that Toyota anticipated.

i woulda thought it be aimed at 20s - 30s to start with and maybe 40yr old females when they realise a hard top convertible version
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    concept is pretty freaking hot!
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmonkey Click here to enlarge
    theyve scraped the boxer engine... all i have to say is YAY!!!! Click here to enlarge

i woulda thought it be aimed at 20s - 30s to start with and maybe 40yr old females when they realise a hard top convertible version
    All that 'really' implies is that the price point will be more suited to that age bracket !!! in other words it won't be a cheap car in the end and not in the price range of younger people...

As for the boxer engine being omitted, I see that as not such a good thing...I've always wanted a wrx that actually looked good...this could've been something along those lines, imagine a beautiful/sleek coupe with the power and burble of that boxer engine, pity it dosn't meet future emissions regulations.
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Subaru is still using it in there version but Toyota ain't.. I hate sound of boxer engines myself Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information