View Poll Results: Which car to upgrade to from 2007 Astra 2.2?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Golf GTI (new)

6 15.79%
  • Golf R (when it comes out)

20 52.63%
  • Golf R32 (pre-owned)

8 21.05%
  • BMW 3 Series

2 5.26%
  • Other (please suggest in your post)

4 10.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEK-46P Click here to enlarge
    I would take a calculated guess and estimate it to be 60K with no options included. Having said, fingers crossed that 19"s/leather seats/sunroof/GPS are included as standard!
    yeah from what i've read, the price won't be different to the R32 new, so base model is around 57k........

but if i was to by a new car soon, it'd definetely be the Golf R (and thats coming from a V8 person too!!)
    BroTek Performance Pty Ltd

Current:
    2003 Astra SRi Turbo & 2004 Barina SXi
    Ex's: 2001 Astra CD & 2001 Astra SRi 2.2, plus a long list of non Opels...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Voted for the R now and will do the same with my wallet in a few months Click here to enlarge
    Renault SPORT Clio RS 200 Cup Trophee

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would take a calculated guess and estimate it to be 60K with no options included. Having said, fingers crossed that 19"s/leather seats/sunroof/GPS are included as standard!

EDIT: Just checked out the VW UK site and it looks like those things above are options. I can't believe things like cruise control is still considered an option! Even my SRi came with leather/cruise control/ESP and all that stuff as standard!
    The options were the reason I discounted a VW when looking a few years back.At least the SriT and VXR were retailed 'Fully Loaded' Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well my friends, the time has come...

In the market for an apartment to buy and thought what the hell, I'll throw a new car in while I'm at it. The 2.2 has served me well for the last couple of years but really after something with more performance.

I've thrown up some options which I've been looking into for the last month or so but if you have any more suggestions, let me know. Don't have any particular preferences, except it's gotta be a good few notches above the 2.2 (and hopefully with that cash I can get something!). Also prefer a turbo under the hood. Can be either new or second.

As you can see from my choices, I'm sorta biased towards a Golf... or something European. Not a particular fan of Japanese cars but I can be partial to an S2000.

I'm looking to spend up to $60K (absolutely no more).
    Copngrats as your in a very enviable situation, having a budget of up to 60k for a new car is great as there are soooooo many good choices at that price point !!!

1st off - go new as said with a 60k budget forget S/H...

My 1st choice taking into account what you've been saying is also the new Golf R, you should 'just' squeeze one in within 60k left basic drive away...AFAIK from my own recent enquiries, pricing will be around 53k for the 3 door and 55k for the 5 door before options and ORC's...

After that, if you don't mind both hatch and sedan configurations, I'd look at the basic spec Sti and Evo - both those can definitely be had for 60k (less for the Sti) drive away...I know you've mentioned your not partial to the Japanese brands, but if your going to shell out 60k, for your own benifit you should at least take a look and test drive if you can of these, as they may very well change your mind Click here to enlarge

Someone above mentioned the 135i, excellent choice, but in your dreams for 60k !!! and IMHO why bother spending 60k on a S/H one, (which will most likely be out of warranty) when there are these other choices to be had brand new for that amount of money ??

There are also many other good choices, but they are N/A powered vehicles, so not worth mentioning since you want a forced inducted powered vehicle Click here to enlarge

The only other choice I'd suggest to seriously consider (and it'll leave you lots of change to boot) is the upcoming new Megane RS250 as mentioned by Kabel...

Will be interesting if you end up opting for the Golf R - Looks like there may be quite a few people from here with one in future Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Audi S3 with about 20 000 - 30 000kms. Probably a 2006 or 2007. 4WD - but not proper mechanical like the Torsen system in the S4. The S3s use the Haldex system which is 90% FWD til it feels the rear letting go...

This is the direction I'm going in... then go to http://www.goapr.com.au/

If you hunt around a bit you might even find one with the DSG box (If you go for a Golf - get one with the DSG if you can).

R32s - great idea in theory but at around 9.5kg/kW too heavy.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Last edited by gmonkey; 11th April 2010 at 03:48 PM.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did I mention no Jap cars? LOL, but I must say that RX-8 ain't too bad looking.

Thread Information