16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome mate cant wait to see the cars
    Click here to enlargeMatt Black Astra SRi Turbo Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boorny88 Click here to enlarge
    haha guy is alwyas available for me haha
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sooty Click here to enlarge
    Opinions are like assholes.....everyone has one and they're all full of shit...Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrissn89 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for that steve, have adjusted it alittle tighter. Im getting less over-boost now, seems smoother and its holding boost alittle higher (high boost). When boosting on 'Low boost' it is on the little mark just below 0.5bar so its getting closer to 7psi, i might tighten it a mm more once its cooled down.

Question, how do you know if its over tightened or at its optimum position. If its over tightened what are the side affects or issues?

Uneeq im guessing Steves car is a astra G SRi-T.
    If you over adjust the actuator, the car will have no more grunt lower down, but it will hold boost all the way to the rev limiter instead of backing it off, because the ECU will be trying to open the wastegate, but it will be held shut. That sounds great, but the turbo has to be electronically limited to protect it at higher revs, which is why the boost pressure falls away, its not the turbo running out of steam, but the wastegate opening. If the wastegate doesn't open, the turbo will overspeed and destroy the bearings.

Leave it at no higher than 0.65bar in low boost, then you'll be safe.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what products do you make mate
    Opinions are like assholes.....everyone has one and they're all full of shit...Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Managed to reactivate my photobox account and retrieve some photos!

The Vectra
    56428559e20bdbe01487128b99e1ea46a417a777b3bbf7c88af55dfd4c0ce24121587254.jpg

An old photo of the Astra
    74844991418feddda18d34e03ace3fc8b5aa8d82ef03111bc7b62b8f.jpg

The UK SRi Turbo was a limited edition of 500 cars that came in metallic black, red or silver, basically the same spec as the Australian version, but has a bodykit from Prodrive instead of the OPC kit that the UK GSi and Australian SRi has. I'll need to get some better photos of it when I get around to washing and polishing it again Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boorny Click here to enlarge
    what products do you make mate
    Total closure units for the Astra G and other models, the boost control hi/lo switch kits and a few other bits and pieces are in the pipeline. Also do the odd remap from time to time, but tend to do these on each car when they're brought to us, as the Bosch ECUs can be a bit temperamental if you're not careful when you flash them and can lock, meaning a dead car!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cars look mint mate i like the black sri-t love the black as mine is black haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome mate, sounds like a tough car
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to OA Steve from another Steve that also has a Black 'G' SRiT.
    Click here to enlarge

AWAITING NEW ASTRA J VXR TO COME OUT IN OZ!!!

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the huge welcome guys! I've been a member of a few UK clubs and forums over the years, but as you get more into the mods and learn a lot about the cars, some forums seem to fall short, especially in the UK where there is a lot of chequebook tuners spouting about work done to their cars by other people (is that a phrase that makes any sense in Aus?). As my own business is growing, we do more and more unique mods (the Porsche brake conversion was a UK first, as was the Greddy turbo timer onto an Astra G & we came up with the hi/lo switch kit for a third of the price the other UK tuners were charging at the time for one requiring a custom remap).

Now on the hunt on Opelaus for some knowledge and parts off you guys, as I have read lots of topics off people doing proper home tuning and tweaking instead of sticking their hands into their pockets and throwing money at someone else for their "project cars"

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Steve Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the huge welcome guys! I've been a member of a few UK clubs and forums over the years, but as you get more into the mods and learn a lot about the cars, some forums seem to fall short, especially in the UK where there is a lot of chequebook tuners spouting about work done to their cars by other people (is that a phrase that makes any sense in Aus?). As my own business is growing, we do more and more unique mods (the Porsche brake conversion was a UK first, as was the Greddy turbo timer onto an Astra G & we came up with the hi/lo switch kit for a third of the price the other UK tuners were charging at the time for one requiring a custom remap).

Now on the hunt on Opelaus for some knowledge and parts off you guys, as I have read lots of topics off people doing proper home tuning and tweaking instead of sticking their hands into their pockets and throwing money at someone else for their "project cars"

Hi Steve,

Guys, I can personally vouche for Steven's high quality products. I recently purchased the Hi/Low switch off him and was confused with the wiring. He put it in simple instructions and now, have resolved all issues I had. He was happy to give up his time to ensure I was a happy customer, for that I value him as a seller.

Steve, we don't really have Courtney and Regal etc... Most of these guys do the dirty work themselves. If we need a remap, we ask a member off opelaus, we have local tuners all over AUS.

Thread Information