Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome mate, very impressive cars by the sounds of things, can't wait to see pics!
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome !

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Steve Click here to enlarge
    Don't do short shifts mate, not on eBay anyway! We do fit them for UK customers, but seen so many people make a hash of the job, I decided not to sell them online!
    True? What do u think about something like this ?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...9#ht_689wt_948
    Silver 03 SRi T -derestricted 2.2 airbox;total closure;ECU remap (EDS Stage 2 - 260 ps);breather box;Angel Eyes;Veccy Intake Scoop;FMIC;Inlet Cam;3"TBE;82 degrees thermostat;VXR Turbo;short shift;Team HEKO Wind Deflectors;Eibach Pro Kit;Whiteline RARB;Slotted Rotors with RDA Extreme Pads

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well come Opelaus Steve. I purchased your Hi/Low switch a month or two ago. Great little bit of kit really handy to have the low boost at a flick of a switch. Couldnt live with out it now. Just one question when im running in low boost it runs at about 5-6psi does that sound right or should it be closer to the 7psi mark?
    Last edited by chrissn89; 10th April 2010 at 04:26 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    welcome to opelaus mate... good to have another englishman haha.
    OPEL ADDICT 1994 CORSA B 1.5D (ENGLAND) 2001 CORSA C 1.2L (ENGLAND) 2004 CORSA C 1.4L (SOLD) 2004 3.2 V6 VECTRA GTS (SOLD)
    1994 CORSA B GSI C16 CONVERTED TO Z18XE (SOLD) 2001 ASTRA VAN Z16SE (CURRENT)

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 03srit Click here to enlarge
    True? What do u think about something like this ?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...9#ht_689wt_948
    I don't think I would touch that with a bargepole, it extends the original linkage, which will increase the force required to change gear (all short shifter kits do that), but that one is just a little bit of metal held on with a grubscrew. If the screw comes loose, you will loose the gears or worse still be stuck in gear, which is a pretty hairy experience. The ones I use are a complete replacement for the original gearlever and replace a plastic tube in the mechanism with a solid aluminium piece. I've seen the kits where they don't supply the metal part and the plastic original piece collapses over time, making the gearchange terrible and when they eventually break, the gearshift locks up.

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrissn89 Click here to enlarge
    Well come Opelaus Steve. I purchased your Hi/Low switch a month or two ago. Great little bit of kit really handy to have the low boost at a flick of a switch. Couldnt live with out it now. Just one question when im running in low boost it runs at about 5-6psi does that sound right or should it be closer to the 7psi mark?
    Hi Chris, it sounds like the actuator on your car is a little weak. You can adjust for this to get back up to 7 PSI, just undo the two 10mm nuts where the actuator attaches to the lever for the wastegate and wind it out a little bit, so that more thread is at the end which isn't attached to the wastegate capsule. Do a few mm at a time and check the car in low boost on the road. It's a little fiddly to get at, use a midget spanner or a crescent spanner to make life easier. If you need to readjust, let the car cool down properly, 3rd degree burns from a hot turbo aren't very pleasant!!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey! Welcome Mate... Interesting that you have a somewhat unusual model of car for over in the UK... and modified! All I do week in week out is research VXR mods and fitting them to my SRiT because of minor differences and people saying "it can't be done"!!! Will certainly be keeping an eye on your posts Click here to enlarge (I'm assuming it's an H?)
    What Now?
    GONE: Deep Sky 2012 (MY13) Opel AS Astra
    GONE: Arden Blue 2013 (MY13) Opel PJ Astra GTC OPC
    SOLD: Black Sapphire 2006 (MY06.5) Holden AH Astra SRi Turbo

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Steve Click here to enlarge
    Hi Chris, it sounds like the actuator on your car is a little weak. You can adjust for this to get back up to 7 PSI, just undo the two 10mm nuts where the actuator attaches to the lever for the wastegate and wind it out a little bit, so that more thread is at the end which isn't attached to the wastegate capsule. Do a few mm at a time and check the car in low boost on the road. It's a little fiddly to get at, use a midget spanner or a crescent spanner to make life easier. If you need to readjust, let the car cool down properly, 3rd degree burns from a hot turbo aren't very pleasant!!
    Thanks for that steve, have adjusted it alittle tighter. Im getting less over-boost now, seems smoother and its holding boost alittle higher (high boost). When boosting on 'Low boost' it is on the little mark just below 0.5bar so its getting closer to 7psi, i might tighten it a mm more once its cooled down.

Question, how do you know if its over tightened or at its optimum position. If its over tightened what are the side affects or issues?

Uneeq im guessing Steves car is a astra G SRi-T.
    Last edited by chrissn89; 11th April 2010 at 04:49 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

yeh im guessing astra G (as its a LET) and probs the cool coupe shape we never got
    Last edited by gmonkey; 11th April 2010 at 05:25 PM.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information