Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi from the UK, SRi T owner and modifier with links to Opelaus

Thought it was time to introduce myself to Opelaus! Cracking forum, lots of information and keen members.

A few of the Opelaus members will know me as Docvauxhall, as this is the UK based business I run which sells various modifications for Vauxhall, Opel and Holden models and they have bought our products.

I don't want to make this sound like a sales pitch, so I won't go any further with what we sell, but if you ever need support or advice for our products, now you can PM me for advice and I can contribute to any threads on the forum too.

My personal cars are:

Vectra B 2.0 16v (X20XEV) SRi 140, which has been rebadged as an Opel, running with 18" wheels, slammed (-100mm) suspension, Irmscher styling and Magnex exhaust system. That's meant to be the runabout, but it's currently in the workshop nursing a broken cambelt and bent valves (so much for cambelts lasting between service intervals)

Astra Sri Turbo (UK Spec Z20LET) This is our project car, meant to be a summer car and used for track days and drag strip. Spec is massive and increasing by the day!!

Bodywork: UK OEM Prodrive bodykit with Irmscher bonnet extension, Irmscher grille, upper tailgate spoiler and rear lights, custom modified projector headlamps with dual Xenon HID lights. Bonnet bra for road driving to keep the stone chips down

Chassis: Eibach sportline springs with Spax 28 point adjustable dampers. Powerflex polybush wishbones, Whiteline ARB front links, Whiteline rear ARB, Drilled discs all round with custom Porsche 4 piston front brake caliper conversion

Engine: Z20LET block with Mahle low compression pistons, ARP bottom end bolts, X20XEV breather modification. Z20LEH head with Kent exhaust cam, Kent uprated valve springs, double thickness stainless head gasket, Z20LEH 440cc injectors, Z20LEH AMM. Z20LEH turbo unit with 9 litre SM EDS intercooler, aluminium airbox top, derestricted airbox with Vectra C enlarged intake pipe, Milltek decat pipe, Milltek full cat back exhaust. Aquastealth Water/Methanol injection system. HKS SSQV blow off valve

Transmission: EDS shortshift linkages and LMF short shifter, reduces throw by 80%, Helix 4 plate paddle clutch. Original open diff.

The car is gonna be off the road soon for more work shortly (once the Vectra is fixed) currently running with around 310bhp and in excess of 287lb of torque (the standard clutch slipped on the dyno at this figure when we last had it dynoed)

Next battery of modifications are:

Garrett GT2871R turbo, custom exhaust manifold, decat downpipe, full exhaust decat, AFR gauge, decat remap and rerouted induction system

Hoping to map it in at around 350bhp, although it should be capable of 450bhp, the transmission and driveshafts will probably not survive for very long. The car has our hi/lo boost controller, so we have standard boost 90% of the time and use the full power to wipe the smiles from Porsche/Subaru/Mitsi EVO drivers' faces the rest of the time Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

OpelAus Forum Hierarchy Nurb608's Avatar
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the site mate!

Very impressive build spec on the Z20LET. Got any pics of either of the cars?
    Track Times: Phillip Island - 1:59.4027, Calder Park - 1:08.8142, Winton 3km - 1:40.7810, Sandown - 1:29.6000, Haunted Hills - 62.55, 1/4 Mile - 13.736

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will get some up to date photos onto the internet ASAP, thanks for the welcome Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Welcome to OA.
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to OA Steve.

Any resoning for leaving the original open diff instead of a quaife? Also are you using the stock rods?
    Audi A3 8P 2.0TFSI QUATTRO | SAT NAV | RS6 19'S | PREMIUM TINT| APR CARBONIO STAGE 2 INTAKE | SPM 3" SS DOWNPIPE W/ 200 CELL CAT
    TUNED BY APR
    APR STAGE II.

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not got round to a Quaife yet, but at the same time, quite a few of the uk owners running similar spec cars have broken gearboxes. My current thought is that there will always be a weakest link in the transmission, very few owners use the paddle clutch as it's severe unless you're skilled with it. By retaining the open diff, a tyre will slip in the worst case, whereas with a Lsd the gearbox has to deal with it. If I could get a locker diff, that would suit me over a Lsd!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very interesting.
    Audi A3 8P 2.0TFSI QUATTRO | SAT NAV | RS6 19'S | PREMIUM TINT| APR CARBONIO STAGE 2 INTAKE | SPM 3" SS DOWNPIPE W/ 200 CELL CAT
    TUNED BY APR
    APR STAGE II.

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, should have replied in same post, on the iPod! Stock rods, all ARP bottom end bolts. The ultimate aim was always a tractable car for road and track use, so it's mapped to be progressive and not a top end screamer. The stock rods are strong enough for the job, a lot of tuners sell the H pattern rods as a nice shiny want it,rather than a hard nosed need it

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome.. In pretty sure Ive just asked you on eBay about the short shift adaptors.. Or maybe someone else from your company.. Anyway welcome..
    Silver 03 SRi T -derestricted 2.2 airbox;total closure;ECU remap (EDS Stage 2 - 260 ps);breather box;Angel Eyes;Veccy Intake Scoop;FMIC;Inlet Cam;3"TBE;82 degrees thermostat;VXR Turbo;short shift;Team HEKO Wind Deflectors;Eibach Pro Kit;Whiteline RARB;Slotted Rotors with RDA Extreme Pads

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't do short shifts mate, not on eBay anyway! We do fit them for UK customers, but seen so many people make a hash of the job, I decided not to sell them online!

Thread Information