Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Ashley, no one should be laughing at you for having a Camira . . . I'm sure we have all made that (or a very similar) mistake before. I sure have. I must confess, I actually had TWO Camira's at one point in my life. At the time it was a cheap way of having 2 cars when we needed them.
    I too feel shamed, but have moved on.
    Ian

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our family had a JB Camira SL/X... metallic poo brown.. and I also have a magazine in 1982 that shows the "engineering excellence" of the Camira when it first launched with the beam axle that acted like a semi independent suspension, the "radial tuned suspensions" and how it drove like a RWD until pushed to the limits.

Managed to cross thread the spark plugs and eventually just jammed it back in.. worked sweet until we just sold it to a dealer for $2500 back in '96 or something.

Anonymous

Camira Engine

Funny thing is that i believe the same family of engine is being sold in Daewoos now! So it is upgraded with EFI....but bet most of the rest is the same!
    Got to say it was very reliable for a student of the time...only a blown head gasket and what can you expect for a $2500 car!

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the Family II engine died in the mid 90's?? Does Holden still make those engines now???

Thread Information