Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thankyou vectracious, I wish to study law next year also (rocco enjoying it?)

From my own understanding and own legal dictionary I certainly hadnt done anything slanderous to the company if anything I am helping them.

I have emailed the manager at tempe with a link to this thread. I hope she spends the time to read through it. I personally strive on customer feedback, its the best way to grow a business. See my original unedited post, I said I didnt intend to damage someones reputation merely express my experience. It is the job of the tempe team to ensure negative experiences dont occur
    Last edited by liam; 24th February 2010 at 09:55 PM.

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    wiki grabs FTW!!!!!

I got it because I'm not a lawyer, but I would like to think I know a bit about customer service being in retail 15 years now - and I've had my fair share of complaints from customers about service they have received from myself or staff - I've thanked the customer every time. You need feedback like that so you can know whether you're tracking correctly or not.

Personally if I found something like this posted up on a forum/website about my business there'd be some serious shit go down the next day at work.
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly right, while I may be only 17 Ive been working from age 11, the last four years in bike sales, this last two dealing with high end clients. I would love a customer who feels I have not treated them adequately to talk to my manager, or better still myself face to face, not for conflict but resolution.

I come from a family of business owners as a result I have been witness to the painstaking task of picking a team to handle your businesses reputation, its a very delicate thing to trust someone with.
    Last edited by liam; 24th February 2010 at 10:08 PM.

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes I know I'm supposed to be on a break, but I have been alerted to this thread.

I don't see any harm in what has been said, in saying that I have forwarded the information to someone who is a little more adapt in legal matters.

Once he posts that will ultimatley decide the staying or going of this thread.

OT: Liam I sorry to hear you went through such a shit fight for you wheels.

I have heard many stories from both sides about Tempe.
    They are kinda along the same lines as Queen Street Smash from what I can tell.

Also having been in retail for a few years (about 9 now, please kill me) this is an absolute disgrace from all involved.
    Sometimes paying that bit of extra for the product pays for itself in the services you receive, or along those lines anyways lol
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thankyou Piota and Im very sorry that this post has disturbed your break! By all means if this post is deemed slanderous towards associated parties remove it, I strongly disagree however that it is indeed slanderous, I base this on the following example

I recently started a group buy on this forum, the involved people are receiving their products now and as far as I am aware are extremely happy. Dan Rucci from ModYourCar.com was extremely quick to reply to questions, requests and anything else we needed. Having got the correct number of people, the orders went through and were sent out at a fantastic price by the way. Now bear in mind, MYC headquarters is in WA, I live in rural NSW. I got email confirmation that the package LEFT very early morning on the 17th. Coming home from work that day the postie had put a slip in the letter box saying it was ready for pickup from my postbox that same day. I am amazed at the quality of service Dan provided.

As a result Im here commenting on his customer service, the ONLY DIFFERENCE between this example and the above tempe tires is that one is a negative experience and one is a positive. Are both comments then deemed slander

To Dan, I hope you dont mind me posting this, please if you would like ANY of the mentioned text editing please PM me and it will be done, once again cheers
    Last edited by liam; 24th February 2010 at 10:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right who went and told GOD?? there was no need for that....

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ROCCO Click here to enlarge
    Right who went and told GOD?? there was no need for that....
    god is omnipresent and omnipotent - he knows all even when he should be on holidays.
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hello, GOD here...Only joking... Click here to enlarge

Under Australian Law there are two (2) types of defamation:

Oral defamation called slander such as comments or stories told at a meeting, within a group or at a party;

and

Published defamation called libel which is what would be considered under the law for posts on a forum such as OA or newspaper articles, television broadcasts etc. It should also be noted that pictures (including cartoons) as well as words are regarded as potentially libellous.

Whilst there are available premises' under which an individual can claim as a defence against Libel (published defamation), the problem is that law varies in Australia from state to state. For forums such as OA, a potential suit could be filed in any Australian state as the forum is viewable across all states.

Of the potential defences open to those who suit is drawn against, the one likely most relevant is:

1. What was said was true - The burden of proof is on the defendant to show that the comments made were in point of fact true and has substance; and/or
    2. You were expressing an opinion - This is a hard one to use and the premise of the defence is that of "comment" or "fair comment" if the facts in your statement were reasonably accurate
    However, in some Australian states proving that your statements are qualified and truthful is enough.
    In others, it is not!!!! You must also prove that what you said was the "truth" AND that they were also in "the public interest".

In cases where what was said was true however it wasn't found to be in the public interest, a defendant could be successfully found guilty for defamation. This is way defamation is a slippery slope to start down.....

However in this particular instance the post is factual and expresses an opinion that bares out possible issues that may be in the public interest with regard to saftey.

Post stays...

(This does not constitute legal advice and is for reference purposes only.....)
    Epsilon Renntech
    2003 Astra SRi-T - The Phantom
    EMTRON ECU
    Borg Warner EFR7163 & EFR9180
    Tuned by Scott @ Insight Motorsports

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    had to laugh at this thread cos of the two words used in this thread
    "LAG IS JUST FOREPLAY"
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast Keep'emRunning's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most businesses would get criticism over their lifetime, although I'm sure tempe receives quite a bit due to the nature of their services.

Having nearly alway bought from them ( they always have better tyre prices, even the brand names) the secret is to stick to your salesperson like GLUE. They always seem understaffed, and considering the thoughput every day it's actually pretty decent to get a same day turnaround. The tyre monkeys running the alignment and balancers are usually flat out, and if under pressure would probably take a few shortcuts.

I'm not defending tempe totally though, in fact I dread new tyre time and the ensuing hassles etc.. But I've had worse service from places like bob janes and bridgestone, who always try and charge for extras (once charged me for filling tyres with nitrogen) and seem a lot slower most of the time.

Thread Information