Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: dodgy cops....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dodgy cops....

had a weird run in with an undercover cop car the other night...
    me and a couple of my mates were in an empty car park at night( RC drifting ), in their defence does look dodgy lol

as we were leaving we saw a blue/black VZ commie pull in the carpark, then followed my mate who drives a done up pulsar SSS and tailgates him for a few hundred metres, my mate had a feeling it was a cop so didnt speed up, and then they did the same thing to me and i saw their dash-mounted lights driving under some street lights... and then followed both of us into a maccas car park
    my question is... are they allowed to tailgate people, force them into speeding and then im guessing and giving out fines? if they can thats pretty dodgy imo
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    Click here to enlarge
    Past:05 corsa C, 03 vectra ZC (R.I.P), 06 AH SRI-T Click here to enlarge
    Current: 03 Astra SXI & 06 AH Astra CDX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by UnKnOwN Click here to enlarge
    had a weird run in with an undercover cop car the other night...
    me and a couple of my mates were in an empty car park at night( RC drifting ), in their defence does look dodgy lol

as we were leaving we saw a blue/black VZ commie pull in the carpark, then followed my mate who drives a done up pulsar SSS and tailgates him for a few hundred metres, my mate had a feeling it was a cop so didnt speed up, and then they did the same thing to me and i saw their dash-mounted lights driving under some street lights... and then followed both of us into a maccas car park
    my question is... are they allowed to tailgate people, force them into speeding and then im guessing and giving out fines? if they can thats pretty dodgy imo
    happened to my uncles mate, similar story cept he was in right lane and needed to get in left lane so he could turn left, undercover cop car was in his blindspot so he sped up and so did the cop car essentialy not letting him change lanes and forcing him to speed up more then he pulled him over...
    Last edited by jastra; 18th February 2010 at 03:30 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah this happened to one of my mates too...

car following really close when theere was no one else on the road, my mate freaked out, speed up, car kept right on his tail.
    Ended up goin 100kmh through Padbury's backstreets cos he thought someone wanted to kill him. After about 5 streets of this they flicked their lights on.
    He actually had a huge sad at them cos he was honestly scared for his life.

Asked them why the **** they let it get to those sorts of speeds, why didnt they pull him up as soon as he was speeding.
    they didnt have an answer, and ended up just giving him a fine for 10 kms over. And said "if you were scared, you should have gone straight home" (he lives in padbury anyway).
    But honestly that is stupid, if youve got some lunatic beind you, youre not gonna lead him to your house are you...

Moral is, they can do what they want, and if they want to be c***s, they will!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    i find best trick is to granny drive till they pass you then stare at them as they pass after they get sick of you driving really slowly not speeding like they want you to Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Essentially they can do what they want. When they had their high performance cars they were allowed to "initiate" drag races. EG rev their engines when the suspect car did first. Then hoon to the speed limit and pull them over.
    Click here to enlarge

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors, M-Tech Shifter

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    they do this all the time back where i grew up

a cop in a VY SS tried initiating a drag with my calibra turbo, i stuck my finger up at him and mimicked the words fck off.... he pulled me over and asked me why i abused him.. told him it was obvious that he was breaking the law and trying to make me break the law, so he breath tested me and sent me on my way
    Last edited by hazrd; 18th February 2010 at 10:19 AM.
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah they've done it a few times to be too...I slowed right down...below the speed limit...he pulled up next to me and cause he had tinted glass I could see him I look across and gestured wanker...lights went on breathalyzed and drug swab...then let me go...mind you this was ages ago...i've now made friends with my next door neighbor...(police officer) haven't been pulled over in a while
    Last edited by ROCCO; 18th February 2010 at 10:25 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dont even get me started......I shouldnt generalize either as I have a friend who is a good guy and a cop and then there are the bully traffic cops...I could write a book about them.

Ive been told the traffic cops are the ones who at qualifying school tend to be loners and when they break out into the force are called brick heads because all they are doing is pulling people over and back at the station dont really talk to anyone.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    nice

ill be sure to ask the next cop that annoys me if hes finished being a brick head yet (note that ill only do this when he has absolutely no legal reason to do anything to me)
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

OpelAus Enthusiast Keep'emRunning's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ..my old blinged out astra ( chromies bodykit yada yad yada) was an absolute magnet for these guys, i remember one occasion in a 90 kmh zone near home a marked VZ flew up the inside lane, jumped in front of me and then slowed down to 60, daring me to overtake him on the inside.

Aholes.

Thread Information