Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OpelAus Forum Regular Corsa_Rob's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmonkey Click here to enlarge
    haha i want live view Click here to enlarge... how well does the battery last with it?
    I don't use it a whole lot, only for tripod work as you said. Its also good for previewing settings when on manual mode. But it does chew more battery, so if you were shooting with it on for long time you'd want a spare battery.
    Spearmint Silver MY05 Corsa 1.4

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmonkey Click here to enlarge
    I also like the cybershot cameras they make great P&S cameras... but like i said on the other thread i wouldnt touch a sony DSLR.. its deff a 2 horse race in the DSLR world between canon and nikon. The way i see the battle between the two brands is, Nikon seem to have all the big crazy new tech (HD video, 24mp camera[not that it means anything!] etc) while canon have the 'its always done like this' my DSLR is still pretty much the same as my old SLR, it becomes 2nd nature using a canon i feel, you know what all the buttons and knobs do no matter what model you choose.

i have a Canon 400D (i think it was) previous model now.. but i think its awesome for a entry/moderate level user. It is fully manual you can adjust anything you want pretty much, auto function seems to work fairly good for those times u just want to point and shoot. Sensors seem to be very responsive. Only flaw i feel with it is you can use the lcd screen as your view point, u have to use the peep hole. which makes shooting photos on a low/high tripod annoying.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Corsa_Rob Click here to enlarge
    I'd highly recommend the 1000d mate, great camera can't go wrong with it. I've had mine for a while now and am still learning but with a bit of practice you can take some amazing photos.

Its basically the update on the 400d which adds live view so that you can view the shot on the LCD.
    Thanks Guys Click here to enlarge

After alot of research over the past 24hrs. I'm leaning towards either a Cannon 500D or a Nikkon S5000 - they seem to be pretty much on par overall, with the Nikkon being a little cheaper and having a better look/exterior build quality to it, but the Cannon 500D has the better digital video capabilty...

From what I've gathered both the Cannon 500D and 1000D are an update on the 450D, but alot of the reviews I read through still put the 450D at better than the newer 2 in some respects, but the 500D and the S5000 will most certainly be more than good enough for me...

I'll see which of the 2 will be a better purchase for me duty free from O/S and grab one Click here to enlarge

Thanks again to all for your input Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    D5000 dont you mean with the Nikon?

out of those i would pick teh 500D.

has much better low light capabilities
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    D5000 dont you mean with the Nikon?

out of those i would pick teh 500D.

has much better low light capabilities
    Oops...correct you are Pete - too much reading on my part hard to remember everything Click here to enlarge

Most of the info I've read up on is on the site you provided, this page has the different model spec names :http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos500d/page4.asp

Excellent reading of all things concerned for for anyone else looking into these cameras, thanks again for the link Pete Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    its a great site for info and reviews.

just have to be a little careful with some things, as OS models can sometimes be different to what we get here.
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another good website for reviews and general info is http://steves-digicams.com/ however, as already mentioned you need to be wary of model numbers.

At the end of the day nothing beats a test drive, especially if you can't decide between a couple of models. Features on cameras are useless if they are a pain to access, so if you're splitting hairs over image quality go with the one that is most intuitive for you to use......
    www.ozstick.com.au + www.mame.net = Awesome Arcade Gaming at Home!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again for that advice above guys...

I'll know to check O/S model specs compared to ours...

As advised I'm going to go to a camera shop outlet soon, give a couple of models a whirl and decide from there Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information