Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mmahle Click here to enlarge
    That's not true. lol. I sell insurance. You put the word Turbo, and then 18. You're looking at 3-4k. Something excessive. Some places won't even insure you.
    heres some customer feedback for you, how about you folks take occupation into consideration? I'm 21 but I drive a truck 6 days a week, done 28,000 km since september last year yet I'm as high a risk as a uni student who cant even afford petrol (not slagging any students here off) and have to pay as much of a premium
    Last edited by glider; 26th January 2010 at 07:34 AM.
    Glider aka Toby, 94 Calibra Turbo
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant hilary_1987's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by adam_92 Click here to enlarge
    thats not too bad tbh... in england mention your under 25 and your instantly looking around 2000 pounds+++

Or register and insure it in your parents name add you as an occasional driver, lot cheaper than $3-4k

But I'm agreeing with everyone on the house, use the equity in your home after a couple of years to borrow the money then you'll have a house and a car Click here to enlarge
    The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how f****in difficult it was.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by liam Click here to enlarge

My family have previously owned one, and Ive sneaked a drive myself :P (ours was a 08 1.8 Quattro) They are a fantastic car and punch like theres no tomorrow dont be fooled by the fact its only a 1.8 the TT was far better to drive than the SSV V8 we had at the same time
    You sure it was an 08 1.8 Quattro?

The last 1.8 Quattro was in like 2006 in the older shape..
    MY07 Golf GTI DSG
    Volvo XC60 T6
    Ex- 2003 Astra SRI Turbo

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mmahle Click here to enlarge
    That's not true. lol. I sell insurance. You put the word Turbo, and then 18. You're looking at 3-4k. Something excessive. Some places won't even insure you.
    I brought my SRi-Turbo when i was 18yo, my car is fully insured with all mods declared. Its insured with AAMI and i pay $1200/a. And yes, the car and insurance is in my name fully and not my parents. The did a one day defensive driving course paid by AAMI in my astra which lowered the premium by 10%/a for 5years or until im on a Rating 1. On top of that i have also done an independent defensive driver training course.
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoops sorry mate, your right it was the last of the old shape. The new body came out the season after we bought ours. I was thinking about dads A4 we bought in 08 sorry!

But once again, if you want turbo you cant beat the TT

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    id pass on the old shape TT, they look pretty horrible now.. id rather a polo/golf or s3/a4 all have same engine in them (sure there not convertible but look much nicer)

i think now days premiums on jap imports (silvias and skylines and supras) are pretty equal to that level of money in a euro car..
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a house and start paying that off first, once you are settled in there then you can look at getting a short term personal loan for the car at a lower interest rate, once you have a decent credit rating.
    Don't borrow money against your house to buy a car - cars ALWAYS depreciate in value quickly, and why would you want to buy a car and pay for it at 5% for the next 20 years - fail?
    Geta a smaller loan and pay it off in a shorter timeframe as this will be more affordable longer term.
    or just go splurge on a VXR - (in Arden Blue if you can find one) or even track down a Nurb special edition... mmmmm Nurb!
    maybe save the responsible spending till you get older and better paid?
    Click here to enlarge
    Definition of TURBOGRINS = Involuntary facial expressionClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge generated by turbine assited acceleration Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge[/B]
    MY06.5 2.0l SRi TURBO SOLD SEPTEMBER 2010 Click here to enlarge
    LAST ONE - 1996 2.0 Astra GSi, SOLD MARCH 2010 Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant hilary_1987's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TURBOGRINS Click here to enlarge
    ....... maybe save the responsible spending till you get older and better paid?
    And a manual licence Click here to enlarge
    The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how f****in difficult it was.

Thread Information