Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: another newbie

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to OA, you've got nice list of mods. Theres a few meets coming up hope to see you here.
    Last edited by chrissn89; 17th January 2010 at 01:23 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It's been on the dyno a few times while I was there. No fiddling around, I stood right there watching everything on the screen when he did a re-tune after it got the new intercooler and new exhaust. Got a print out that says 150.0 kw and max torque 324.9 nm. This is atw. They used a new dyno dynamics. It's a long drive from the sunny coast but i've been very happy and had no problems with them. They also replaced the clutch as that went right after they did a tune the very first time. It is overboosting for a few seconds to 24, then holding 19 till a bit halfway through the revs and slowly dropping to 14 at max revs. The actuator is tightened up nearly to the top (13 threads showing) and I've been driving like this for 2 and a half years now. The turbo seems on it's way out and the actuator too though. Engine runs fine, compression is fine, no leaks, no oil usage. I do give it a service very regularly.

There are no other companies in this area that can do a custom tune as far as I know so where to go then when the new turbo arrives ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    It's been on the dyno a few times while I was there. No fiddling around, I stood right there watching everything on the screen when he did a re-tune after it got the new intercooler and new exhaust. Got a print out that says 150.0 kw and max torque 324.9 nm. This is atw. They used a new dyno dynamics. It's a long drive from the sunny coast but i've been very happy and had no problems with them. They also replaced the clutch as that went right after they did a tune the very first time. It is overboosting for a few seconds to 24, then holding 19 till a bit halfway through the revs and slowly dropping to 14 at max revs. The actuator is tightened up nearly to the top (13 threads showing) and I've been driving like this for 2 and a half years now. The turbo seems on it's way out and the actuator too though. Engine runs fine, compression is fine, no leaks, no oil usage. I do give it a service very regularly.

There are no other companies in this area that can do a custom tune as far as I know so where to go then when the new turbo arrives ?
    If your happy with them then why go else where? Can i ask why you have 13 threads showing on your actuator?? Why did they wind it up so far?
    Audi A3 8P 2.0TFSI QUATTRO | SAT NAV | RS6 19'S | PREMIUM TINT| APR CARBONIO STAGE 2 INTAKE | SPM 3" SS DOWNPIPE W/ 200 CELL CAT
    TUNED BY APR
    APR STAGE II.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just heard that he's blown a couple thats all,what he does is clear's the computer completly and starts again,maybe he's learnt from he's mistakes..also intersested in why so far? it is hard to find someone especailly when u have a custom tune done,because u will have to go back to him.if u looked at the tuning side of things u can get more torque with just downloaded program,from auzvectra maybe.i live up here in maryborough,and would go to auzvectra before any one else. Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by ope11; 17th January 2010 at 01:51 PM.

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CNBLU Click here to enlarge
    If your happy with them then why go else where? Can i ask why you have 13 threads showing on your actuator?? Why did they wind it up so far?
    I'm very happy with them but I was just wondering after seeing ope11's reply. I have not been to bps for 4 months or so because the car drives sweet so I might have missed something in the mean time. After the last tune, they wound it up and had 9 or 10 threads showing on the bottom. Holding boost at 19 that way. Actuator is getting worse which I notice due to lower holding of boost so I slowly wind it up more and more. Am now on 13 threads. The vxr turbo will come with an uprated actuator so that'll be good. At least I know that the z20let engine can have 24 psi of boost without blowing up straight away !

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ope11 Click here to enlarge
    i just heard that he's blown a couple thats all,what he does is clear's the computer completly and starts again,maybe he's learnt from he's mistakes..also intersested in why so far? it is hard to find someone especailly when u have a custom tune done,because u will have to go back to him.if u looked at the tuning side of things u can get more torque with just downloaded program,from auzvectra maybe.i live up here in maryborough,and would go to auzvectra before any one else. Click here to enlarge
    If you do a lot of cars, it might be possible that these things happen and u blow up an engine. Looking at his place, there's always a lot of Porsche's, Holden's and Nissan's up there and he is getting a lot of power out of these. He indeed clears the original programm and has, I believe, a German map which he re-writes for the car depending on the mods. I did have some errors coming up after the various tunes which he fixed straight away without any problems. He also had someone from Holden coming over with a tech 2 thingie to clear some codes. So I never had any bad experiences with them at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So its not a cutom tune? Its a flash?

lol tech2 thingy. you dont need to be from holden to that mate Click here to enlarge

Whichever the case you sound like you have the right platform to get some good power out the z20let. I would ask why does he need to boost it so high? ive had my car on the dyno with a vxr turbo and anything above 20psi really dosent make any power....
    Audi A3 8P 2.0TFSI QUATTRO | SAT NAV | RS6 19'S | PREMIUM TINT| APR CARBONIO STAGE 2 INTAKE | SPM 3" SS DOWNPIPE W/ 200 CELL CAT
    TUNED BY APR
    APR STAGE II.

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    the ecu is flashed indeed and parameters are changed. Does that qualify for a "custom tune" or is that a "custom flash" ?! HAHAHA The Holden guy that came over is a mate him. I had an error where it said that my car was doing a 125 kmph where in fact I was parked in the garage. Had something to do with a wheel speed sensor. They also needed them to reset the steering angle sensor (was not aware that the steering has a sensor !). If I have any lower boost, the car feels very slugish. As will know, looking at your specs, once you are used to the feeling of getting kicked in the back when accelerating, you never want to go back. Guess a vxr turbo will be set at 19psi holding to redline ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    With the right parts yes it will

Good luck and keep us posted.
    TUNED BY APR
    APR STAGE II.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i know when i was talking with him(6years ago) he said he was haveing alittle trouble with them, as to why he had to call out holden. for ur car.. ah well..
    at least u have something to work at as cnblu has said. maybe check this site to see if any one else can sugest where to go.some times u might have to travel to find the right person..any way hope to see u on some of the cruzs,i did ask where sunshine coast are u too.u up this way or closer to bris. Click here to enlarge

Thread Information