Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ASTRAY Click here to enlarge
    im sure with bali disc he just means a disc that has the game burned onto it.
    its just that the "pros" that copy the games and burn to disc, also print the original disc picture onto the disc, just to make it look more professional.
    WINNER!

And I wouldn't know if it rips from the disc through the Wii to the HD as a shrunk 500MB or the full 4.5GB image. I haven't tested that yet since I like to fidget and stuff (It's in my nature!), but if it's the latter as I suspect, then I would rather scrub it back to 500MB. That's just me though.

I have heard people have been (trying to) making "codec packs" (or a homebrew channel app if you like) for the Wii in order to play a DVD and DivX stuff. I'm not sure on the success of this or any of the limitations on it though (Hoon, you seem to have looked into this one a bit more), but from my understanding, MKV is simply a container that holds a video file as opposed to a file that IS the compressed video itself, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. So I can't see why someone couldn't program this functionality in (they probably will in time).... HOWEVER.... the clincher is, that if you have a GEN3 drive in your Wii, (again) you won't be able to play burnt DVDs (not sure on originals even, it may look for some code in the discs lead-in to say it's a Wii game disc), so unless they make an app that can access the wireless capabilities of the Wii to load whatever movies you have on a NAS, in this circumstance modding would be less useful than to someone with a GEN2 or vanilla drive.

Not really trying to contradict anything anyone's saying. just making sure people know what they are getting themselves into BEFORE they go doing something that is a bit trickier to reverse after the fact Click here to enlarge (Did I mention the GEN3 drive is a BITCH?!?!?!)
    Last edited by UNEEQ; 24th January 2010 at 10:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i thought that was a Bali disc Lol.

ripping it through the wii scrubs it and only rips what u need as in the actual game file not all the rubbish that Nintendo puts in there to make it the full size, i know it does it been told and seen it in action as well. Guitar hero 5 was ripped from the original disc in the wii to the usb hdd in under 5 mins and i think it was only 1 or 2 gig. I been looking for torrents and most are still too big even when scrubbed there is still useless info in there that is not needed. Like the new Mario my mate said he dl 500-600mb scrubbed file and once un rared and converted to wbfs file only 340mb was needed.

Yeah there is a few media players for the wii out there, seems that m player Ce is the best and loads via home brew. the reason it wont play the mkv files is that most of them are hd files and the wii cannot handle the processing power and what not needed to play them. Some have said that they have got them to work, but most say no.

I been reading about the gen 3 wii's and u can still soft mod them just have to use the hdd way as they wont read the Bali discs. i read that any after august last year will be gen 3 im hoping mine isn't as it was around that time. But if i do it will be with a hdd for divx mainly so wont matter if it reads the discs or not anyway as ill have the hdd hooked up to it.

Mplayer Ce can access files over the wifi or a LAN connection even you-tube and internet radio and TV stations. can even rip the game over the wireless connection to your PC. takes a long time though. can also sets up a ftp type server thing on your PC over the wifi from the wii where it gives u a ip address to type in on ur PC and the wii than access ur files on ur PC that way. (not fully looked into that as i wont be needing that but that is the basic rundown of how it works)

also there is certain versions of the wii that wont install the botmii which is used to backup and unbrick onto the wii itself. those ones need to be extra careful as that makes it hareder to unbrick if u do happen to brick it.

SSS_Hoon
    Click here to enlarge
    ......all that work and still not enough killer wasps, So i'm in the hunt for more.....

Life Is A Bitch, Death Is A ****, That Comes For Everyone, When It Comes For You, Your Completely ****ed

"Soon to be adding to the family with a itty bitty bubby"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow... all of this has just gone completely over my head!
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Thread Information