Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Yoyo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ASTRAY Click here to enlarge
    colour code = paint them the same colour as the car....white
    but if you want them to stay black, either paint them or check out hazrds members ride thread, he has used some wonderful stuff to bring the black shine back.
    Do you reckon it would look better done with white or black? Or does it depend on the rims?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Uno Click here to enlarge
    Do you reckon it would look better done with white or black? Or does it depend on the rims?
    mate, the most important thing is that you do it the colour that you want.
    if you ask shay nicely, he may have picture of a white veccy b with white peices for you to look at, so you can compare...
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mate, the most important thing is that you do it the colour that you want.
    if you ask shay nicely, he may have picture of a white veccy b with white peices for you to look at, so you can compare...
    Yeah true, i just did a bit of photoshopping earlier and if it were to be blackened, it would stick out too much and look out of place. 'color coding' wouldn't be too bad i suppose.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey thanks man, i'm pretty sure she's a "4-banger"? haha Click here to enlarge

Gonna try and take some pics and upload before work tomorrow Click here to enlarge
    heh nice.

It may be surprising but if you're in for it there are quite a lot of relatively easy modifications that can be made to that opel 4 cylinder engine - off the top of my head;

-Induction - Heaps of choice from Pod filters to Cold Air Induction Kits to Modified stock boxes - Best gain on a N/A is probably only 5bhp but it shouldn't cost you more than $200 (and that's for a brand name induction kit). Gasflowed throttle bodies can be had for less than $100 imported from the uk - once again only a small improvement but I did notice it when I had mine on.

-Exhaust - HiTech make a set of full headers for that engine costing only $500 (or $350 if you buy the ones I have for sale), couple that to a decent sports cat and cat back and you could expect at least another 10-15bhp atw

-Mapping - Auzvectra is our resident engine mapper and for an easy $600 you would gain a potential 12-17% increase on stock power with a slight decrease in fuel consumption when run on premium (which you should really do nonetheless in my opinion on that engine). You can also procure different fuel pressure regulators which supposedly help on initial acceleration.

Those are the basics anyway, and the engine will benefit from them. From what I've gathered, forced induction isn't really worth it with these engines simply because ready built units can be dropped in for similar or less cost (and have more reliability).

but yeah hope you enjoy the vectra, I've just got rid of mine and while it wasn't the most reliable or the fastest car around it at least made you feel a little different from those driving the run-of-the-mill camry/commodore/falcon etc.
    '91Alfa Romeo 164Q
    '02 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 ~ '98 BMW 740il ~ '02 Saab 9-5 aero ~ '99 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible ~'00 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 ~ '97 Volvo S40 T4 ~ '94 Saab 900s 2.5 ~ '98 Opel Vectra 2.0

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all white for jay

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shay Click here to enlarge
    all white for jay

Click here to enlarge

How much would those rims cost? :S

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jerram Click here to enlarge

-Induction - Heaps of choice from Pod filters to Cold Air Induction Kits to Modified stock boxes - Best gain on a N/A is probably only 5bhp but it shouldn't cost you more than $200 (and that's for a brand name induction kit). Gasflowed throttle bodies can be had for less than $100 imported from the uk - once again only a small improvement but I did notice it when I had mine on.
    Is that 5bhp really worth the $200 along with the $1-- gasflowed throttle bodies? cause I don't really know what these things do mate lol.

-Exhaust - HiTech make a set of full headers for that engine costing only $500 (or $350 if you buy the ones I have for sale), couple that to a decent sports cat and cat back and you could expect at least another 10-15bhp atw
    I think this will be something I want to look at pretty soon. Where can I see the ones you've got for sale? The only thing I'm kinda worried about is my insurance going up or something? Do you know anything about that?

-Mapping - Auzvectra is our resident engine mapper and for an easy $600 you would gain a potential 12-17% increase on stock power with a slight decrease in fuel consumption when run on premium (which you should really do nonetheless in my opinion on that engine). You can also procure different fuel pressure regulators which supposedly help on initial acceleration.
    What's mapping? Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Last edited by Uno; 2nd January 2010 at 08:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you dont need to get those exact rims,,,, you could just get similar ones,,,
    either alloy unpainted ones and get them painted, or if your lucky you may find some painted from the factory.

it seems you have lots of questions, and that truly is a good thing,
    but id like to suggest you make a new members ride thread...

just follow this link,
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40
    and click "NEW THREAD"
    that way you will have a permanent home for all things related to your car, and you can post as many pics of your car as you wish.
    best of all, everyone on the opelaus is more likely to view your car there, than they are here.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you dont need to get those exact rims,,,, you could just get similar ones,,,
    either alloy unpainted ones and get them painted, or if your lucky you may find some painted from the factory.

it seems you have lots of questions, and that truly is a good thing,
    but id like to suggest you make a new members ride thread...

just follow this link, and click "NEW THREAD"
    that way you will have a permanent home for all things related to your car, and you can post as many pics of your car as you wish.
    best of all, everyone on the opelaus is more likely to view your car there, than they are here.
    no link fail..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that 5bhp really worth the $200 along with the $1-- gasflowed throttle bodies? cause I don't really know what these things do mate lol.

gasflowed....sounds like the throttle body is smoother inside, to allow fuel to travel a much cleaner path, no little bits of metal slowing it down etc.

I think this will be something I want to look at pretty soon. Where can I see the ones you've got for sale? The only thing I'm kinda worried about is my insurance going up or something? Do you know anything about that?

http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25218

What's mapping? Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    mapping....
    changing the parameters on your cars computer, mainly fuel/air ratio, providing more power.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shay Click here to enlarge
    no link fail..
    flank you fluck flace,,,, lol jk.

fixed mate.
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information