Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My stock as SRi

I'm new here, please be nice Wiggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea im pretty sure. i got 2 fog light buttons but 1 does nothing so it must have been taken off!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guy 27 Click here to enlarge
    Its not an SRi front bar. They all came with bottom splitter and foglights as standard. Do you have a standard button for front fogs?
    my 1.8 classic has the "button" too, i think the "button" comes on all of them, its just that the "button" on non foggy cars is just a cover, not an actual push button.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wiggles Click here to enlarge
    quick question.
    I have a pod filter lieing around, i have seen some people cut holes in there stock air filter box and place the pod in there. Does this work, or should i invest in another filter?

wat are people talking about when they say 'derescrict' the air filter or something like that?
    thnx for the info!
    You bet it does! improved throttle response and faster acceleration. Mine does have a cold air intake though.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guy 27 Click here to enlarge
    Suspension: $250 for eibach springs, $500 for shocks, $300 for rear sway bar. + labor for installation if you can't do it yourself. = ultimate budget suspension setup without going for coilovers

Exhaust: 2.25 inch cat back should be about $400

A pod won't do anything other than lots of noise. No gain in performance.
    I have one on in the colder months of the year.

to derestrict your airbox. open it up and remove the trumpety looking thing in the bottom half of the airbox. leave the one on the top half in.
    Unfortunately i have to disagree there guy, i felt very noticable difference. Mind you I dont have much power to start with so any gain is easily felt. The bigger the engine the less you'll feel.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ASTRAY Click here to enlarge
    i think simmy still has her dominator bar for sale, not a sri-t bar, but it looks much better in my opinion.
    plus it seems you both have the same colour cars, so you wont need to paint it.
    she currently wants $300 for it, a sri-t bar will cost the same, if not more.

http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24978
    Thats sold, gerard (sisters bf) now has it. Looks a million times better then stock bar

oh and +1 for Rear Sway Bar
    Drastically remove the astras understeer, PM greg from gslrallysport for prices
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX | Forged Build | Build Thread
    Forged Build 12.23s @ 182km/h& The Run

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    only difference with pod filter's ,is u might gain a little more revs as it helps with breathing,,but sorry i was told the same thing that it is mainly noise u get ,so i have to agree with Guy 27,,just remember neeko u got stuff done to ur's,this one stock as Click here to enlarge
    Peter did my set up ,anyone that knows who i'm talking about would remember he was the first to modify his astra turbo , anyway we did mine because i wanted to hear the turbo spool up and of coarse wanted to hear the woosh noise.plus mine was stock at the time ......by the way hello wiggles,welcome to siteClick here to enlarge
    Last edited by ope11; 16th January 2010 at 02:24 PM. Reason: added more infor

Thread Information