Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AfterBurner Click here to enlarge
    [/I]consumer affairs
    Nothing to do with them.
    Brady

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, i meant "department of fair trading"
    Opelized Astra G Sri-T Silver - Mods to date --> ECU Remap - K&N Pod - 2.5" cat-back zorst w/ Hi-Flow S/S cat - Eibach 'Sportlines' - Bilstein B8's - 20" Variant rims w/ Hankook 235/35/20 rubber - Aero wipers -
    To Do's - Re-paint console, FMIC!! WASH!!!!! Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    general public always run off to fair trading when you don't get an answer you like. If you have tried absolulty everything and still no go...maybe you do need to format and start from scratch.
    Bet you the PC hasn't had a good clean in year anyway. The user will prolly think you've upgraded the machine when they get it back..."wow its much faster"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ROCCO Click here to enlarge
    general public always run off to fair trading when you don't get an answer you like. If you have tried absolulty everything and still no go...maybe you do need to format and start from scratch.
    Bet you the PC hasn't had a good clean in year anyway. The user will prolly think you've upgraded the machine when they get it back..."wow its much faster"
    Think u missed the mark Rocco... Vectracious, from what i read, is saying that the Canon S/W that was installed with a printer cannot be uninstalled on HIS computer afaik... The need to have the H/W still plugged in is ridiculous & unheard of in my experience with computers over the past 13yrs of toying around with them...

The reason i mentioned Fair trading is that as far as i'm concerned it's an issue with the Canon S/W, not the PC or Windows itself, so really they should be accountable???
    Opelized Astra G Sri-T Silver - Mods to date --> ECU Remap - K&N Pod - 2.5" cat-back zorst w/ Hi-Flow S/S cat - Eibach 'Sportlines' - Bilstein B8's - 20" Variant rims w/ Hankook 235/35/20 rubber - Aero wipers -

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    canon are a pack of dipshits

im with the others on having a crack with regclean or ccleaner !!
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    yeah, my computer at home. Yes, I could reinstall windows but why should I? Computer and windows installation has been running fine so far and I just dont have time to do a windows reinstall.

I might just have to try and track down what's calling the .dll and fix it that way - or as afterburner said - see if I can track down somebody with a Canon multifunction and reinstall and remove with the computer connected to the printer.

I dunno why they designed it that you need the printer connected to the PC for this to work but you definately do - the uninstall program looked like it was trying to stop a process that existed between the printer and computer - but couldn't because it wasn't there.
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectracious Click here to enlarge
    yeah, my computer at home. Yes, I could reinstall windows but why should I? Computer and windows installation has been running fine so far and I just dont have time to do a windows reinstall.

I might just have to try and track down what's calling the .dll and fix it that way - or as afterburner said - see if I can track down somebody with a Canon multifunction and reinstall and remove with the computer connected to the printer.

I dunno why they designed it that you need the printer connected to the PC for this to work but you definately do - the uninstall program looked like it was trying to stop a process that existed between the printer and computer - but couldn't because it wasn't there.
    Bodgie coding... Actually most printer drivers install heaps of shit that isn't required these days, better off just manually installing the DLL files rather than using the Setup.EXE ... Norton's is the worst in my books for what i term 'Crapware'... Try uninstalling that & having a stable machine afterwards...

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AfterBurner Click here to enlarge
    Norton's is the worst in my books for what i term 'Crapware'... Try uninstalling that & having a stable machine afterwards...
    Damn - and my Norton subscription is finishing in 2 days and I'm not renewing it so will have to uninstall that as well.

Maybe I should just do an install to Windows 7 and be done with it.... Click here to enlarge
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectracious Click here to enlarge
    Damn - and my Norton subscription is finishing in 2 days and I'm not renewing it so will have to uninstall that as well.

Maybe I should just do an install to Windows 7 and be done with it.... Click here to enlarge
    You poor BASTARD... I feel for you...

Looking best to do it... If the H/W can do it, i recommend Win7 over XP anyday...

I have run it successfully with as little as 1.6GHz Processor & 1 Gig Ram.. Works fine... Just need at least 256-512mb video to support Aero features etc...

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    yeah - PC specced OK to run 7 - just need the time.

Running CCleaner now to see what that comes up with....

Thread Information