Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Removing Canon Multipass software

Anyone had any experience with this piece of shit software you need to install when you buy a Canon Multifunction printer.

And just for a laugh - this is my email I sent to Canon technical support....

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Pete
    I had a Canon MPC 200 multifunction bubblejet printer for 5 years which just recently stopped working. I decided to throw it out as printers are very cheap to buy new these days (which is why I do not have the serial number) - the problem is that when I try to uninstall the Multipass software from the computer it will not uninstall. It keeps stopping at the "stopping service prompt" and does not proceed.
    After some investigation, I discovered that you need to have the printer connected for the installation wizard to work - this is impossible as I have thrown the printer out and it no longer worked anyway. How do I go about uninstalling the multipass software as now I have a recurrent program where Windows XP throws up a "failed to load dll: MpDBIf.dll" error every time I open a window - and I have discovered this error is due to the multipass software still on my computer. I have tried reinstalling it/repairing it but again, it will not proceed because I do not have the printer attached to the computer anymore

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Canon ****wits
    Thank you for your enquiry

You will have to delete the folder containing the multipass software then check your add remove programs to see if the multipass Software is still installed and then try to remove it.

If this dose not work you will have to reinstall windows
    I DON'T WANT TO REINSTALL WINDOWS - WHY CAN I JUST NOT UNINSTALL THE SOFTWARE?!?!??!!??!?!
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

OpelAus Forum Addict InsaneAsylum's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pete, run regedit and search for canon multipass. delete all instances in the registry.
    go to control panel - administrative tools. see if there's a service that related to canon multipass and stop it. then go to program files and delete the canon folder.
    then reboot pc.

it should be gone without reinstalling windows.

who says "dose" anyway Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meh, zero-fill Click here to enlarge
    Brady

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should be able to unregister the DLL file. Open Command Prompt:

regsvr32 /u filename.dll
    Brady

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by InsaneAsylum Click here to enlarge
    pete, run regedit and search for canon multipass. delete all instances in the registry.
    go to control panel - administrative tools. see if there's a service that related to canon multipass and stop it. then go to program files and delete the canon folder.
    then reboot pc.

it should be gone without reinstalling windows.

who says "dose" anyway Click here to enlarge

tried all that adrian - still getting the .dll error that I have to click OK on about 5 times each time I open a file explorer window (sorry, forgot to mention this is on an XP Pro PC)

Multipass no longer listed in Add/Remove programs, and I can't see any services or processes associated with it anywhere....
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kudrow Click here to enlarge
    You should be able to unregister the DLL file. Open Command Prompt:

regsvr32 /u filename.dll
    Load Library ("MpDBIf.dll") failed - The specified module could not be found

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try RevoUninstaller. Does a scan of all left over fragments of files and registry junk. Failing that maybe try CCleaner which has a registry cleaning tool inside that. Else find someone with a canon printer... Click here to enlarge
    Opelized Veccy B
    Go Fast Bits: 3-PipeMod, Irmy Shocks+Springs
    ICE:
    Front: MB Quartz 6.5 splits | Back: (shitty) Cadence 6 Inch | Amp: Boston GT40, Sub: JL Audio 12W6v2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    U could also try running MSCONFIG & deleting out of the startup if it's still there...
    Opelized Astra G Sri-T Silver - Mods to date --> ECU Remap - K&N Pod - 2.5" cat-back zorst w/ Hi-Flow S/S cat - Eibach 'Sportlines' - Bilstein B8's - 20" Variant rims w/ Hankook 235/35/20 rubber - Aero wipers -
    To Do's - Re-paint console, FMIC!! WASH!!!!! Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AfterBurner Click here to enlarge
    U could also try running MSCONFIG & deleting out of the startup if it's still there...

yeah have cleared anything related to canon multipass - its just this .dll

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectracious Click here to enlarge
    Originally Posted by Canon ****wits
    Thank you for your enquiry

You will have to delete the folder containing the multipass software then check your add remove programs to see if the multipass Software is still installed and then try to remove it.

If this dose not work you will have to reinstall windows

That's actually one of the best C/S answers i've seen in a while... Maybe u can ask if they will supply the WINXP CD as you threw it away with the printer also...

I'm sure consumer affairs would have a field day with that response...

Where there's a will there's a way is my motto... There's plenty of options out there + the one's mentioned that may work anyway...

It may not necessarily be that DLL in particualr but an EXE calling on the DLL to run... Shouldn't b all that hard...
    Last edited by AfterBurner; 9th December 2009 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Wrong quote quoted...
    Opelized Astra G Sri-T Silver - Mods to date --> ECU Remap - K&N Pod - 2.5" cat-back zorst w/ Hi-Flow S/S cat - Eibach 'Sportlines' - Bilstein B8's - 20" Variant rims w/ Hankook 235/35/20 rubber - Aero wipers -
    To Do's - Re-paint console, FMIC!! WASH!!!!! Click here to enlarge

Thread Information