Anyone had any experience with this piece of shit software you need to install when you buy a Canon Multifunction printer.

And just for a laugh - this is my email I sent to Canon technical support....

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Pete
I had a Canon MPC 200 multifunction bubblejet printer for 5 years which just recently stopped working. I decided to throw it out as printers are very cheap to buy new these days (which is why I do not have the serial number) - the problem is that when I try to uninstall the Multipass software from the computer it will not uninstall. It keeps stopping at the "stopping service prompt" and does not proceed.
After some investigation, I discovered that you need to have the printer connected for the installation wizard to work - this is impossible as I have thrown the printer out and it no longer worked anyway. How do I go about uninstalling the multipass software as now I have a recurrent program where Windows XP throws up a "failed to load dll: MpDBIf.dll" error every time I open a window - and I have discovered this error is due to the multipass software still on my computer. I have tried reinstalling it/repairing it but again, it will not proceed because I do not have the printer attached to the computer anymore

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Canon ****wits
Thank you for your enquiry

You will have to delete the folder containing the multipass software then check your add remove programs to see if the multipass Software is still installed and then try to remove it.

If this dose not work you will have to reinstall windows
I DON'T WANT TO REINSTALL WINDOWS - WHY CAN I JUST NOT UNINSTALL THE SOFTWARE?!?!??!!??!?!
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!