Thread: Avast users

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Avast users

Avast is currently giving a lot of people false reports of viruses, so before deleting stuff, do a search on the net.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AH08 Click here to enlarge
    Avast is currently giving a lot of people false reports of viruses, so before deleting stuff, do a search on the net.
    Are you 100% sure they are false positives? There is a virus getting around at the moment that camaflouges itself as important windows services and .dll files. It has also been known to penetrate anti-virus programs using the update services to download more malware. At the moment it is undetectable by 99% of anti-virus software although some anti-virus will detect parts of the virus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had Avast tell me there were viruses on my computer (XP) and when I did a search for those viruses, came up with sites saying it's actually Avast itself.

last couple of days......... http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r234...-or-is-it-real

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try and get onto Avast's site, can't.....everyone around the world are trying to get in.

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/T...Problem-105773

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    had a couple of issues last night after the program update (avast) but admittedly there was a weird .inf file on the SD card I put in the computer. However it wouldnt delete it and then got stuck on it so I couldnt format the card on the computer either. I ended up putting the card in my camera and doing a low level format with that to finally clear it all out - but the same card when I put it in my desktop which is running Norton 09 didnt come up with a problem at all????
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Thread Information