Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Back in the day.

I've only been into gaming for about 14 years of my 19 years on Earth. But what happened to the days when a game would take DAYS to complete. As consumers we should be demanding quality AND quantity for the amount of money we fork out each year.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    Click here to enlarge

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors, M-Tech Shifter

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    i used to complete doom in 3 hours but Click here to enlarge lol

but yeh i remember games like dungeon keeper and diablo and C&C taking weeks to complete. Even hexen/heretic, spacehulk took a while!
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Doom and quake the exception.

Commander Keen used to take at least a day.

Games now a days are considered long if they take over 7-8 hours. Click here to enlarge

Although, me considering that short could just mean I have less of a life than 14 years ago. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors, M-Tech Shifter

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChrisMarriott Click here to enlarge
    I've only been into gaming for about 14 years of my 19 years on Earth. But what happened to the days when a game would take DAYS to complete. As consumers we should be demanding quality AND quantity for the amount of money we fork out each year.
    it was probably because you were not able to devote the amount of time/attention to the game when you were younger
    Glider aka Toby, 94 Calibra Turbo
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe it's becuase the computers are so much faster now? Click here to enlarge

Or reduced attention span ?

Then again, I am currently playing Left For Dead 2 and D&D Online.

Both games will take MONTHS or Years to play - though LFD2 will be much of the same, but then, so is Soccer or Cricket etc etc It's not where you are it's what you are doing, and who with...

NFS Shift also takes quite some time to play - It seems to be shooters that are shorter, and as you are always moving and it's always different, it takes a huge amount of effort to make a map that you can run across in game time in less then 5 minutes. Even if it was 20 minutes, 30 maps means only 6 hours of gameplay if you are MOVING fast.

Poor developers Click here to enlarge

Skillfull sailors never learn their art on a calm sea.
    2003 Silver Vectra ZC CDXi STOCK Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Super Mario Bros 1 on NES

can crack in 9mins Click here to enlarge

attempted it again on the wii (can download old nes games) and did it in 15 lol
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChrisMarriott Click here to enlarge
    Commander Keen used to take at least a day.
    What a brilliant game - found the old install disks a couple of years ago and played a couple of stages with a DOS emulator - brought back a lot of memories...

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hazrd Click here to enlarge
    attempted it again on the wii (can download old nes games) and did it in 15 lol

can you download those for free?
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectracious Click here to enlarge
    can you download those for free?
    you can.. but it requires a modchip and download of all the games manually

since thats too much effort for me (plus i bought an extended warranty lol) u can buy "wiipoints" and download it... only works out to be around 5 bucks or something so its not expensive
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    used to take me days to complete jeep command and/or choplifter on my old C64 - and that was about 23 years ago... mostly due to load times..

now that takes me back..
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The old Amiga500 games were the best, the likes of Flashback, Dragon's Lair etc...

The old Bubble Bobble was also great with some beers/cones & a group of mates...

I actually downloaded an Amiga emul couple of months ago with a few roms & it worked great, found an old classic game called 'Persian Gulf Inferno', has the alaba achmeds yelling thru it, great shotgun sounds...Click here to enlarge
    Opelized Astra G Sri-T Silver - Mods to date --> ECU Remap - K&N Pod - 2.5" cat-back zorst w/ Hi-Flow S/S cat - Eibach 'Sportlines' - Bilstein B8's - 20" Variant rims w/ Hankook 235/35/20 rubber - Aero wipers -
    To Do's - Re-paint console, FMIC!! WASH!!!!! Click here to enlarge

Thread Information