Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

PS3 wifi problems

sooooo anoyed, the wifi on my ps3 decided to stop talking to my router again.

have 3 laptops, iphone, wifi, and htc which all connect no worries at all still.

keep coming up with error 8001000a, anyone else had this and been able to solve it?
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody hell mate....tried google lately??? :-)

http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...hread.id=45952

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And i don't even have a PS3....just sell it and buy a kick ass PC :-)

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    tried that, dont work

i have tried about 7 different 'solutions' that dont work

anyone who has actually had the problem and solved it please feel free to reply
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I had a similar issue with connecting the Wii to my wireless router - it ended up being a channel problem - 6 instead of 11 - have you tried changing those?
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can check the channel of any near wi fi networks with a program called Vistastumbler , If you have any networks that use a channel that is close to your existing channel , then change it to something higher or lower and see if your signal improves.

It could also be a hardware issue with the ps3 itself , I have heard of the wi fi just simply dying in the console itself for no apparent reason.

Im sure that you have tried to manually enter the ssid and the wpa or wep key.

Where does the error occur ? Is it when you try to test the connection or is it straight after you enter the ssid or the network key?

The error codes 8001000a and 8001000b usually relate to a hardware issue , you can also receive these errors when trying to use external storage devices - Or it is just considered a general hardware fault code.

Is there anyway you can take it to another location where there is another available wi fi connection you can test the console on?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we have a similar problem..

we play battlefield 1943 and we get drop outs every 8 seconds. turns out it's a particular type of router that doesnt work with the ps3 for game, as it should..

got a new one, and wollah, works perfect every time..

while your problem is different, the solution may be the same - ie. have you tried another router? get the same error?
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i get drop outs when playing gta4
    also, after just recently changing my internet to smellstra, when our home phone rings or we make a call the internet on our laptops drops out for about 30secs-1min.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are all of your home phones filtered ?
    We have an old school wallphone at my house and it is hard wired to the central phone line , whenever we pick it up it cuts the internet off.

You need to have every phone line with attached equipment in the house filtered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MAD-16V Click here to enlarge
    Are all of your home phones filtered ?
    We have an old school wallphone at my house and it is hard wired to the central phone line , whenever we pick it up it cuts the internet off.

You need to have every phone line with attached equipment in the house filtered.
    our wall socket has a hardwired wire coming out of the back and plugged into the phone, no filter,
    and the internet cable plugged into the front socket running to a filter then to the modem/router.
    never had any problems like that with optus net using siemens modem and dlink router.
    when i changed to telstra they sent me a thompson all-in-one modem router. its only after i joined telstra and using this thompson that weve had troubles.

i have just now changed the way the phone and net are plugged in, all running through filter so ill see how that goes.

i didnt try using the siemens and dlink with telstra net. will be my next option if things dont improve.

ps, sorry ain for the hijack.
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information