Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i sent him a pm. Thanks Chris

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there,

Is yours manual or auto? I love mine, it is so much fun to drive. I just got a greenbox just over a week ago, and yes, it is great fun... Buy Shoey's so he feels that he's getting something back, and you should get a good deal.

If you haven't had your alternator changed under warranty, you'd better get it looked at before your warranty runs out (unless it has already). Have a look in the Astra Diesel section for the "diesel issues" thread. Out of 20 something diesels on here, probably 6 to 8 of us have had it changed.

Enjoy the site and loving the torque!
    Richard - 2006 AH CDTi Manual Astra - black with black tint and black Advanti Medusa 17" rims (wife's car) - Daughter has a white CDTi Manual too, we're suckers!
    2001 Landcruiser FZJ105 - Petrol guzzler!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi, yay another wa member =) welcome
    Click here to enlarge
    Past:05 corsa C, 03 vectra ZC (R.I.P), 06 AH SRI-T Click here to enlarge
    Current: 03 Astra SXI & 06 AH Astra CDX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome! can have a play b4 i sell it :P
    Shoey 85

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the site mate! Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks all

mines an auto. I went lazy with this car. city driving annoys me too much to have a manual Click here to enlarge

i do love my car. I can't get over all the features. I can move my headlights!!!! i was reading one of the threads in here and learnt more stuff this car can do! it's great. it kicks butt over the OH fairmont Click here to enlarge

I have a few issues with the car at the mo. Paintwork ( which i am gonna work on today). i think i have an ignition problem. plus the coolant warning keeps coming on. I read all the issues with the alternator, so i will get that checked too. it's out of warranty now, but holden servicing were the worse (2 different ones) so now i need to find a good mechanic. Any recommendations?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pity about the auto, they put a completely different engine in those, and there's a considerable difference in performance.

I hope you get your issues sorted out. If it's overheating, you can check the engine temperature by holding the 'settings' button down with the radio on until it beeps. When you then press the "BC" button repeatedly, you go through the readouts from the computer. about six readouts in, there's one with V ### T ### across the bottom line, where ### is numbers. The V is your digital speedo, and the T is the temperature. Have a look at what temperature is being recorded. You may have a blockage in the cooling system.

Add yourself to the register of Astra Diesels in the diesel section (maybe hidden, it's a couple of months old now)
    Richard - 2006 AH CDTi Manual Astra - black with black tint and black Advanti Medusa 17" rims (wife's car) - Daughter has a white CDTi Manual too, we're suckers!
    2001 Landcruiser FZJ105 - Petrol guzzler!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Welcome maam Click here to enlarge there's a track day being organised check out wa cruise section if interested
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i know i love manuals. this is my first auto. but since i have to drive down orrong rd every day with stop/start and cr@p drivers i fugured i was better with an auto

i don't think it's the engine overheating. It comes up with low coolant but there is heaps. Last time holden "fixed it" there was gunk on the sensor they told me. I need to work out where it is and look at it

the other thing it does, on hot days (30+) the cd player won't turn off and doors won't lock from the key. I have 2 error msgs
    161600 CIM (Steering Column module) wrong environment indicator Immobilizer B-006
    Replace P1620 controller error
    and

161450 Wrong transponder immobiliser key B-006

does this mean my keys playing up??

i've been reading the thread on the track day... does sound like fun....... Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    hmmm, does it do it with the spare key too?
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information